Changing the lanuguage on preinstalled win.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the lanuguage on preinstalled win.7

Hi just a few quick queries...I recently bought a laptop while in Berlin, but it has preinstalled Win.7 in German. How do I change the language settings? Is it feasible to buy an English version of win7 to reinstall on the laptop?

Second query, my old laptop died due to a short circuit but I was able to recover the hard drive onto a portable disc. The first few days I was able to view all folders. Yesterday I noticed several folders 'missing’. I definitely did not delete any folders. Pease help...how can I recover the lost data?

Just searched my help files and have found this:

Change the system locale

The system locale determines the default character set (letters, symbols, and numbers) and font used to enter and display information in programs that don't use Unicode. This allows non-Unicode programs to run on your computer using the specified language. You might need to change the default system locale when you install additional display languages on your computer. Selecting a different language for the system locale doesn't affect the language in menus and dialog boxes for Windows or other programs that do use Unicode.

Click to open Region and Language.

Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the language, and then click OK.

To restart your computer, click Restart now

Is that any use to you?

Mark
    Holiday Almeria rental apartment
    Marksfish

Comment

Thanks for the advice Marksfish. I worked on this on the weekend. The Laptop had Windows 7 home Premium preloaded it’s only the Windows 7 Ultimate which allows language packs to be installed. Fed up with frustration I simply bought the 7Ultimate reinstalled and now I am much less stressed trying to figure out menu bars in a lanuage I didnt understand.

Comment

Working...
      X