remote database access blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote database access blocked

I currently use a third party software app (navicat lite) to access the mysql databases on our windows server. however I went on vacation in september and since coming back can not access the databases remotely, only via my plesk in my browser.

I can still access all the databases on my linux server (supplied by yourselves), only access to the databases on the microsoft server seem affected.

Is there been any recent updates that could cause this to happen

Recently there were no changes made on the server hence I suggest you to send an email with the database details. Our System Admins will look into this and offer you a solution.

William Watson.
    Windows System Administrator
    http://www.eukhost.com

Comment

Originally posted by terlan View Post
      I currently use a third party software app (navicat lite) to access the mysql databases on our windows server. however I went on vacation in september and since coming back can not access the databases remotely, only via my plesk in my browser.

I can still access all the databases on my linux server (supplied by yourselves), only access to the databases on the microsoft server seem affected.

Is there been any recent updates that could cause this to happen
      Hi,

I find that the firewall on your server is turned on & the port for accessing MySQL server remotely wasn't open. I've opened it now & you'd be able to access the SQL DBs remotely
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks you guys. I am wondering, too.

Comment

Working...
        X