Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declining quality of chat support

Hi,

Is it just me or is the quality of chat support on a real decline?

The last couple of times I've needed support I've been told by the operator: "Please give me a moment, I'm looking into this." 20 minutes later they ask for the server log-in details. Then they can disappear for another 20 minutes or more. If I ask how long it's going to take or whether they are actually working on it I just get the same response "Please give me a moment".

I find this extremely frustrating. It seems there is a queue but the operators don't tell you that you're number 10 in that queue.

I spend upwards of 2000 per year with EUKHost and it's disappointing that they got rid of the Windows Dedicated Server support on chat, so now I'm queued up with people spending 30 per year. Surely there should be some kind of hierarchy for support as, generally speaking, clients who buy dedicated servers tend to run more critical operations than those on cheap shared packages. I'm not saying that shared hosting doesn't warrant good support - I'm just saying that I'm disappointed at the level of support recently given the fact that I do run EUKHosts' more premium products.

Originally posted by danwednesday View Post
    Hi,

Is it just me or is the quality of chat support on a real decline?

The last couple of times I've needed support I've been told by the operator: "Please give me a moment, I'm looking into this." 20 minutes later they ask for the server log-in details. Then they can disappear for another 20 minutes or more. If I ask how long it's going to take or whether they are actually working on it I just get the same response "Please give me a moment".

I find this extremely frustrating. It seems there is a queue but the operators don't tell you that you're number 10 in that queue.

I spend upwards of 2000 per year with EUKHost and it's disappointing that they got rid of the Windows Dedicated Server support on chat, so now I'm queued up with people spending 30 per year. Surely there should be some kind of hierarchy for support as, generally speaking, clients who buy dedicated servers tend to run more critical operations than those on cheap shared packages. I'm not saying that shared hosting doesn't warrant good support - I'm just saying that I'm disappointed at the level of support recently given the fact that I do run EUKHosts' more premium products.
    Hi Dan.. I have had a look at the chat you had with the technician. He did ask you the login details instantly, but he should have kept you updated in between. I have had a word with him and discussed the same. He was having few chats at the same time and that is the reason the delay.

I have asked the other technicians to keep customers updated if they are working on the issue OR if it is taking time to get the issue resolved.
    Cristiano

MSN :: cristiano @ eukhost.com

Comment

Thanks Christiano, the chat today wasn't as bad as others recently. I know that in my chat today the guy did ask for server details straight away, but I've had chat sessions recently which have literally gone on for well over an hour, when the issues have actually been very minor/quick things to deal with. I thought the chat today was going to turn into one of those, but actually it was resolved in around 1/2 an hour (which still seems quite a while if you don't know that the operators are dealing with more than one enquiry at once).

Perhaps it would be better for the live chat to have a visible queue number? That way at least you know where you're at and you're not kept hanging around if you're in a rush (you can leave a ticket or come back later). Just a thought anyhow...

Comment

Hello Dan,

At the moment we don't have a queue system for live chat support wherein multiple clients are kept waiting by operators until their issues are looked into. We have sufficient strength of support staff members in each shift and none of them are overloaded with multiple support requests at one time.

However we appreciate your feedback and we will take your suggestion into consideration.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by danwednesday View Post
          Thanks Christiano, the chat today wasn't as bad as others recently. I know that in my chat today the guy did ask for server details straight away, but I've had chat sessions recently which have literally gone on for well over an hour, when the issues have actually been very minor/quick things to deal with. I thought the chat today was going to turn into one of those, but actually it was resolved in around 1/2 an hour (which still seems quite a while if you don't know that the operators are dealing with more than one enquiry at once).
          Yes, technicians have been instructed to provide proper updates timely. We will see to it that you do not face issues in near future.

Perhaps it would be better for the live chat to have a visible queue number? That way at least you know where you're at and you're not kept hanging around if you're in a rush (you can leave a ticket or come back later). Just a thought anyhow...
          Yes, this will be taken into consideration as Ryan suggested.
          Cristiano

MSN :: cristiano @ eukhost.com

Comment

Dear eUK Team,

Please allow other customers to respond to this thread. Dan does this after every 6-8 months and I like it. We should allow other customers to respond and see where we stand in comparison with what we were before 6 months.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Agree with Dan

I partially agree with Dan , we spend even more, but do no expect the quality of support to be any different with whatever anyone pays.
              With that said, it is annoying when chats do not get updated frequently, and thing are not executed easily, get rid of the stupid "canned" responses.

As for dedicated users , it would be good to have a priority support channel of some means with a certain level of technician.

Mostly my support on EUK has been pretty good and quick , but there are instances where I feel like smashing the keyboard.

I do try an deal with the same people if possible and ALWAYS get great support from them.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Comment

Hello,

Dedicated Clients will soon get inserted straight into Lvl 2 support no matter which medium they choose to contact us by.

The feedback of everyone is appreciated and we discussed extensively on this at the weekend.

Comment

I personally find the support very fast and helpful, but i think it's only human nature to want things done NOW or ASAP we are an impatient species, some times ive had to wait a bit longer but overall ive never had better support for any other internet service elseware.

Comment

Thank you for the appreciation. The resolution time depends on the type of issue. Some issues are fixed quickly but some issues may take more time.
                    James Anderson
                    eUKhost Ltd
                    Skype - jameswebuk
                    Email - james [@] eukhost.com

Comment

Fully agree with Matt01 and James, we tend to get impatient at-times, hence adding more to the frustration and chaos. There certainly are hundreds and thousands of issues that a person might face with their server, so is the difference in the ways of addressing them and finding a perfect solution. As we as customers want our servers and websites up as early as possible, so does the host try hard to live upto those expectations as they are aware about the destruction it may cause to their reputation. So, even we must realize this fact and co-operate with getting the issues resolved and not just yell and blame people. After-all its our server/website for which the support members must be really trying hard to getting things right and restore the functionality.

Comment

Working...
                      X