Front Page Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Page Extensions

Can anyone suggest a value for money web design software package.

I currently use front page but would like to move away from this due to issue all the time with fp extensions.

I do not want to spend too much as I only use the sites for pleasure etc.

Any suggestions please.
    Phil and Sue Cornish

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can anyone suggest a value for money web design software package.

I currently use front page but would like to move away from this due to issue all the time with fp extensions.

I do not want to spend too much as I only use the sites for pleasure etc.

Any suggestions please.
    How about DreamWeaver? It's the industry-leading web authoring & editing software that provides both visual & code-level capabilities for creating standards-based websites & designs for the desktop, smartphones, tablets, and other devices.. It doesn't use FP extensions but uses normal FTP for it's operations..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Phill,

How about Microsoft Expression Web ? this was the tool that actually replaced MS frontpage when it was EOL. Microsoft Expression Web 4 has a web-based Super Preview functionality, for testing pages on browsers that cannot be installed on the users system. It also provides an SEO Checker I believe which analyzes produced web site against the best practices for getting the highest possible search-engine rankings.

Thanks,
      Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray. Will take a look. Issue I have is that M/S usually has extensions as per fp and this causes all sorts of problems.

Am trying to move to new web design software but not sure where to go.
        Phil and Sue Cornish

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Thanks Ray. Will take a look. Issue I have is that M/S usually has extensions as per fp and this causes all sorts of problems.

Am trying to move to new web design software but not sure where to go.
          Hi Phil,

If you used to FP then the MS tool is good. It has basically the same features but no FP extensions. When you want to publish a site you use FTP via the publish method.

Dreamweaver would be actually the way to go should you want more advance coding options.

Thanks,
          Ray

Comment

Thanks again Ray. Will take a look at the prices
            Phil and Sue Cornish

Comment

Working...
            X