X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark459
    started a topic Dedicated Server

Dedicated Server

I have developed a website using Microsoft Technologies. The website contents audio and video music streaming for music lovers. I wanted to get correct information regarding whether I should go for managed or un-managed dedicated servers as I am new to the hosting Industry.

• DPS Computing
    replied
    And with the impending introduction of ACTA across the EU, now more than ever would an site illegally streaming copyrighted content have to be taken down quickly!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied
    Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
    Do you have a licensing agreement with those music record companies which audios and videos you are planning to stream? If no, then you should have it to make your streaming legal.
    Yes, we'd have to suspend any service with us that streams copyrighted music content without having a licensing agreement to be able to stream that content, so it is important you have such a licensing agreement with the relevant organisation(s) otherwise any web hosting provider will be legally obligated to suspend service if you are streaming copyrighted content without a license to do so.

Whether you choose a managed or unmanaged solution is entirely based on your experience with the management of servers (and specifically, Windows-based servers). However, that said, all of our servers are managed so you won't need to choose between a managed or unmanaged solution as all of our servers and hosting solutions are managed, so you'd be able to contact our senior technicians to install any necessary software and services, patches and updates as necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Irene9001
    replied
    The website contents audio and video music streaming for music lovers.
    Do you have a licensing agreement with those music record companies which audios and videos you are planning to stream? If no, then you should have it to make your streaming legal.

Leave a comment:

• Catherine
    replied
    As you have developed your website using Microsoft Technologies, you should choose a Windows dedicated server. The hardware will be dedicated to your website due to which streaming audio's and videos is not a problem. Choosing a managed hosting service is definitely a better option than choosing an un-managed service no matter which hosting plan or server you should opt for. Choosing a managed hosting service ensures a lot of your precious time will be saved as you won't have to look for solutions if you face any problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X