Application Pool Crashing after installing google sitemap generator module!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Pool Crashing after installing google sitemap generator module!!

Hi,

I am having a Windows 2008 server with IIS7 and recently installed google sitemap generator module. The installation was successful with no error but all my other application pool, specially the shared application pool, start failing. I tried starting the failed application pool but as soon as access the site, the application pool again crashes. The strange thing is, when I uninstall the module, the shared application pool works normally. I checked the server logs and find errors with IIS7_Module.

The exact error which I see is : The Module DLL 'C:\Program Files\Google\Google Sitemap Generator\\IIS7_Module_x64.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem.

Can anyone help, I really need this module to work on my server.

Regards,

Re: Application Pool Crashing after installing google sitemap generator module!!

Hello Andy,

Kindly have a look at the error, seems a double backslash is added to the configuration path hence, the issue. You need to manually edit the module in order to remove the backslash.

You can follow the below steps to manually edit the module :

1. Click your server name in IIS.

2. Then click Modules.

3. Look for the entry "GoogleSiteMapGeneratorModule".

4. Click Edit.

5. Replace the double slash with a single slash.

6. Restart IIS.

Let us know if this works for you.
    "It Takes 20 Years To Build A Reputation And Five Minutes To Ruin It. If You Think About That, You'll Do Things Differently. "

Comment

Working...
    X