Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Dedicated Server Security

Hello,

I need to know in details what kind of security do you offer with Plesk Panel along with Dedicated server? I also would like to know in details the Anti-Hack application provided with the Dedicated server for both Hardware/Software. Please do not provide configuration comparison, do help me with the features in details.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Windows Dedicated Server Security

Originally posted by Sordid View Post
    Hello,

I need to know in details what kind of security do you offer with Plesk Panel along with Dedicated server? I also would like to know in details the Anti-Hack application provided with the Dedicated server for both Hardware/Software. Please do not provide configuration comparison, do help me with the features in details.

Thanks in Advance.
    We do provide Hardware Firewall for dedicated servers which protects against 90% of any network attacks. You can further choose software based scanning applications, similarly to Symantec Endpoint Protection which protects the server from web based & other intrusions.
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I received the same info with some URL's on the live chat, but I didn't found anything about anti-hack applications. Is there any paid 3rd party external application available which you can get it installed on the server?

Comment

I received the same info with some URL's on the live chat, but I didn't found anything about anti-hack applications. Is there any paid 3rd party external application available which you can get it installed on the server?
        This is a 3rd party external application available which you can download & install on your server which protects against hacking & you can check it's features from this link : Antivirus Software | Symantec

Comment

Thanks for the link...I think I will get it installed on the server. Hope it is not resource hungry.

Comment

Thanks for the link...I think I will get it installed on the server. Hope it is not resource hungry.
            You are welcome! And SEP isn't resource hungry at all..

Comment

make sure RDP is on an IP whitelist.

Comment

Server security comes with layered approach. There are multiple layers (should be) to defend your data.
                I do not know any application that is anti-hack but good antivirus with 2 way firewall will certainly help (Symantec is good opetion). Hardware firewall is great to keep server resources intact in case of high load (DDoS/smurf attacks).

A well known fact is that weakest link in security is always the "user". So regardless of security you put, user should at least aware of basics.

Some points I would suggest for in your case.
                1. Disable Plesk non-https access (access with 8880)
                2. Firewall- Install symantec endpoint protection on server AND OR dedicated firewall.
                3. Custom RDP port & RDP access to only few trusted IP's.
                4. A strong password (at least 14 characters) for everything that comes with login (FTP/Emails/DB etc etc)
                5. Disable everything that you do not use (FTP, SQL, POP3, SMTP depending on your requirement)
                6. Running applications/websites on server is completely another domain. Website code should be sanitized and OWASP guidelines should be followed.
                7. Patches- Install patches of all software and OS at least once in a month and reboot.

These are few pointers that will help keep your server safe and secure.

Hello,

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Thats a real good share Gargeyak !!

Comment

ban-img
                  Working...
                  X