Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIX: Error "Performance Monitor Counter Requirement" when installing SQL 2005 Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladhatter
    replied
    and I just ran
    lodctr /R:PerfStringBackup.INI and seems it passed muster in test phase and now I am running it in real time.

Rock thank you so much. You are a genius.

Does this forum offer hosting or advise and such on hosting?

Is there any competent VBulletin coders on here for hire? Other coders? I have not had time to explore the forum yet.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    And now I eat crow again and say that I am at square one and about to apply all the wisdom you folks here had. I have the 3rd party turned off have my data showing under 009 and am ready now to make this work but it is now failing again.

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied
    Originally posted by Gladhatter View Post
    Rock I appreciate this offer. I done advanced repairs all over the world for years and finally had my own program coded up that defeated all windows limitations and even had a remote reg editor. XP released theirs then and I abandoned it.

This is a business computer and I never allow remote access and yet I do appreciate all the kind help yall offered. It seemed to be what I needed but was not as my registry was busted a level up. I did not figure out where but did just fix it. Still have some cleaning up to do now.

Seems this forum is genuinely helpful and I am appreciative of that. I plan to try to participate some times. I have many other things to ask about and hopefully some help to give as well but I am about expired in the help field as I stopped at 2K.

Thank you again for your kindness and generosity.

Charlie
    Hi Charlie,

You're most to the Eukhost community as well Thank you for your time in registering, we'll definitely assist you with any of your queries.. Hope you enjoy your stay here :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Label me STUPID! I done all the reversing only to realize moments ago the route of the problem. I now have the original registry back, problem solved and will be installing this shortly. Stupid 3rd party software had that key disabled as a performace tweak! I cannot believe I am this friggen lame after doing this a life time.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Rock I appreciate this offer. I done advanced repairs all over the world for years and finally had my own program coded up that defeated all windows limitations and even had a remote reg editor. XP released theirs then and I abandoned it.

This is a business computer and I never allow remote access and yet I do appreciate all the kind help yall offered. It seemed to be what I needed but was not as my registry was busted a level up. I did not figure out where but did just fix it. Still have some cleaning up to do now.

Seems this forum is genuinely helpful and I am appreciative of that. I plan to try to participate some times. I have many other things to ask about and hopefully some help to give as well but I am about expired in the help field as I stopped at 2K.

Thank you again for your kindness and generosity.

Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied
    Originally posted by Gladhatter View Post
    Well I had a busted registry hive but this was a good learning experience and I have fixed it. None of my issues were addressed here but I will be back to talk on other issues on this forum soon.
    Hi,

Would it be possible to get remote access to your local machine? You can try using RemoteAnywhere or LogMeIn or TeamViewer for this purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Well I had a busted registry hive but this was a good learning experience and I have fixed it. None of my issues were addressed here but I will be back to talk on other issues on this forum soon.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Well I just got HKLM machine to export after 20 hours working. I may be closer than you can imagine.

To update you some as well I was finally able to also get the 009 exported from another registry and imported and while it showed all its values in the other registry it would not on my normal machine. Not sure what my bug is but am sure I will fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Originally posted by omidghadiri View Post
    Hi to every Body

dear Gladhatter plese see the register File File&Counter , and past inserted the codes, and reinstall SQL servers 2000,2005,2008 and you should backUp your registery for this time , or repair your registery, or mayby you should reinstall your Windows
    I thank you omidghadiri. I cannot afford to reinstall windows now. I do not seem to know how to repair my registry. I will continue to hack away at this and I will fix it. Never failed on one yet and have many tricks up my sleeves yet but may take a couple more days hacking to get it.

Hope some one has some sound advice.

Leave a comment:

• omidghadiri
    replied
    Hi to every Body

dear Gladhatter plese see the register File File&Counter , and past inserted the codes, and reinstall SQL servers 2000,2005,2008 and you should backUp your registery for this time , or repair your registery, or mayby you should reinstall your Windows

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock View Post
    Hi Tom,

Could you ensure that you're checking the values in the correct registry path?
    ie: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]

If your 009 key is empty, follow these steps:

Changing the value of: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\Last Counter]

to: 5276 decimal (hex 0x0000149c)

Changing the value of: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\Last Help]

to: 5277 decimal (hex 0x0000149d)

Let me know if that helps, good luck..
    Here is where I am lost now I just done 2 system restores and then a Nortons Ghost extract restore to get me back to yesterday and also back doored the registry from a dual boot and overwrote the old one from yesterday.

I have the exact values you describe above and 009 empty but corrupt and cannot write to it delete it or anything.

So my 009 was corrupt from before then I guess. Now I am going to have to go into a virtual drive or else reboot to another drive or check another computer and rule out if this sub key 009 is protected or just corrupt on here till I can hear from someone that does this all the time as I have not worked on boxes in about 10 years now and my expertise ended with win 2K but I can and will fix this. Would appreciate some help however.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    InstallGlobalRules: SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup configuration checks for rules group 'InstallGlobalRules'
    PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck Checks if existing performance counter registry hive is consistent. Failed The performance counter registry hive is corrupted. To continue, you must repair the performance counter registry hive. For more information, see support.microsoft.com/kb/300956]How to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values.

Well I agree it is corrupted but cannot so far fix it. Would like to know what info goes in it when I do fix it and fix it I will.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Originally posted by jonny_sig View Post
    Hello,

I fix the problem!
    The problem was in the folder 009.

My folder 009 was empty and i export from one of the folder in Perflib 0816 the values and import to folder 009 and works!

Thank you for your time.
    My 009 is empty as well and I cannot get it to edit in any normal manner as of yet.

I do not have any 0816 or other to grab anything from.

Can some one show me what 009 should look like and how to get it to edit?

I am admin but it will not allow more permissions and seems it is not even there but you can see it.

Will try to somehow fix all this but need some info.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Oh and BTW I am on Win XP pro and installing 2008sqlexp.

Leave a comment:

• Gladhatter
    replied
    Sorry I am having difficulty understanding this.

My perflib, I edited to the MS reccomended values as did the other gentleman that reports his being fixed.

My 009 is EMPTY however and I cannot manually or otherwise edit it in any of the many ways I have tried yet.

I could backdoor it but am not sure you are saying what I think you are.

Can you verify for me that 009 is supposed to be populated and if so please post here what the content should be or supply the reg key info fully, not that it will help me as I cannot get mine to edit or add anything to it so far.

I also am at the same impass on that problem.

I have extracted the files MS said to extract, manually edited the INI's per MS instruction and also ran the cmd you have above.

Please help.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X