Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIX: Error "Performance Monitor Counter Requirement" when installing SQL 2005 Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by comcraizer View Post
    That's OK

But when?

What about details?..

Thanks
    Originally posted by comcraizer View Post
    Maybe you can use showmypc to connect..

Because I can't use the Windows's remote

Thanks
    Hi,

I need access to your machine so that I can check what is wrong & preventing the installation from proceeding further.

You can provide any sort of remote access (showmypc, remotelyanywhere, teamviewer, etc) for me to check your machine..
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

thank you very much..

But how can I give you my ShowmyPC connecting password?

( I meant the share password)

And I think there is a problem....

that's I am a HK user and I am in the time zone GMT+8

so that we may have a different time zone

May I ask you that what time zone are you in so that I can choose the time when I get on...(Because of I work for a long time a day so I can only get a few time on computer....)

I can use the computer on the 5:00-6:00pm GMT+8(This is the only time I am free
      .....I think you maybe sleeping in this time)

But if you can't use the remote,I maybe can give the information you want ,like screen shots,videos

If this doesn't work ,I will be give-up.....But I can take it easy because I think I can forget this problem and I can write application without SQL....

Just forget it

Comment

Hi You can PM me the sharing password
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

perflib missing

Hello
          I had sql 2005 server running up untill Bill gates thought it was a good idea to apply SP3 which failed to install but did manage to corrupt my sql server. I had to uninstall, clean the registry with regseeker. Now when i try to re-install sql server 2005 i get the performance monitor error.
          when i go into the registry there are no folders under perflib and the only value in there is the default. Anybody know how this can be fixed ?
          Thank you in advance

Comment

Hello,

Please set full control permissions to Administrator for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib] and reboot the machine.

Once machine is rebooted, try repairing, ASP.NET 2.0 and then proceed with MSSQL 2005 installation.

Comment

Working...
            X