Hard Disk Quota vs Disk Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Disk Quota vs Disk Space

Could one of you kind souls answer a question for me?

In Plesk, what is the difference betwen "Hard Disk Quota" in the "Setup" page and "Disk Space" in the "Limits" page?

It seems to me that these should be the same thing, but changing one doesnt affect the other. In fact changing the value for "Hard Disk Quota" doesnt seem to do anything at all.

If I wish to set a limit on the disk space for my physical hosting packages, which should I change?

Act honestly, and answer boldly

Abundance is from activity
    Starting the work is two thirds of it

Disk space in Limits (soft quota) :- Shows you the total amount of disk space allocated to your web hosting account. This amount is measured in megabytes. It includes disk space occupied by all files related to this domain/web site: web website hosting contents, databases, applications, mailboxes, log files and backup files. This is the so-called soft quota: when it is exceeded, domain names and web website hostings are not suspended automatically, only the appropriate notices are sent to your provider's e-mail addresses and the resource overage is indicated by a corresponding icon shown in the control panel to the left of your domain name. When your website hosting required more disk space, consider upgrading your web hosting plan.

Hard disk quota in physical hosting - Setup (hard quota):- Specify the amount of disk space in megabytes allocated to the web space for this website hosting. This is the so-called hard quota that will not allow writing more files to the web space when the limit is reached. At attempt to write files, users will get the "Out of disk space" error. Hard quotas should be enabled in the server's operating system, so if you see the "Hard disk quota is not supported" notice to the right of the Hard disk quota field, but would like to use the hard quotas, contact your provider or the server administrator and ask to enable the hard quotas.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

The main differences are:

Hard Disk quota:
      * Cannot be broken.
      * Includes only files related to hosting (files owned by FTP user).

Disk Space Limit:
      * Can be broken.
      * Notifications are sent.
      * Includes all domain`s files: web website hosting contents, databases, applications, mailboxes, log files and backup files.
      Scott M
      System Administrator

|| ||

Comment

Originally posted by eUKAlex View Post
        The main differences are:

Hard Disk quota:
        * Cannot be broken.
        * Includes only files related to hosting (files owned by FTP user).

Disk Space Limit:
        * Can be broken.
        * Notifications are sent.
        * Includes all domain`s files: web website hosting contents, databases, applications, mailboxes, log files and backup files.
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think by eUKhost, al the things in your last list are somewhere in a subdirectory of the files of your 'FTP user' and so are included in the quota.
        l sla nan l e-govaded vn!

Comment

Working...
        X