mod_rewrite in IIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod_rewrite in IIS?

I currently have a Windows reseller package, I dont really use any web software/scripts that specifically require windows but I chose it because it would be nice to offer asp and .net to potential clients.

However there have been a few projects I have undertaken recently that would have benefited from using the apache mod_rewrite function (using .htaccess file) and a few that just wont work without it.

I understand that there are alternatives to acheive url rewriting for IIS Web Server, does anyone know how I might use one of these? If one of these is used, will it work exactly the same as mod_rewrite on apache or will some modification of my php software need to take place.

For example I wish to use Wordpress MU (multi user) however this requires mod_rewrite, if an IIS Web Server alternative was used would wordpress mu still work the same "out of the box"?

Also does anyone know what Smarty is and will my hosting package support it?

Thanks

Act honestly, and answer boldly

Abundance is from activity
    Starting the work is two thirds of it

Just to get clear on, make search engine friendly urls using php instead of using mod_rewrite, this is what you want, right?
    Here is the one, if you wish, you can give a try. This method is used by Digg too, to get around for their urls. Try this search "URLs with PHP and Apache" in google. ATB
    Linux: because rebooting is for adding new hardware.
    ||
    || ||

Comment

Originally posted by sanderson View Post
      Just to get clear on, make search engine friendly urls using php instead of using mod_rewrite, this is what you want, right?
      Well that is a part of what I need to do. I was kinda hoping that there may be something that eukhost could install that would give me simelar functionality to mod_rewrite.

So that any php apps that write rules to a .htaccess file would work under windows/IIS. If its not possible then Im gonna have to consider sorting some sort of apache hosting out, but this will be a pain in the backside!

Act honestly, and answer boldly

Abundance is from activity
      Starting the work is two thirds of it

Comment

Working...
      X