Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between Linux and Windows hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between Linux and Windows hosting?

All websites today currently run on either a Windows web server or a Linux-based server. The vast majority of websites run on a Linux-based platform as Linux has a strong reputation for security and web server performance.

Originally posted by Klintoners View Post
    All websites today currently run on either a Windows web server or a Linux-based server. The vast majority of websites run on a Linux-based platform as Linux has a strong reputation for security and web server performance.
    Have a look at http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f26/wi...-hosting-3734/ for more information
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Which is the best control panel for windows reseller hosting? What control panel options does eukhost offer?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanyG View Post
        Which is the best control panel for windows reseller hosting? What control panel options does eukhost offer?
        Plesk & DNP are two well known control panels & we do provide both of them with our Windows Shared/Reseller hosting packages

Comment

Does WHMCS supports Dotnetpanel (DNP) add-ons? because the WHMCS told me that it does not support the helm control panel that I am currently using.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanyG View Post
            Does WHMCS supports Dotnetpanel (DNP) add-ons? because the WHMCS told me that it does not support the helm control panel that I am currently using.
            Yes, WHMCS & Plesk, both support the DNP addons

Comment

WHMCS billing application is supported on all our hosting plans and the control panel you have with the hosting plan or server does not make any difference (except for shared hosting plans. Neither it's required on it ). However, as it's a licensed application, you need to purchase it's license. You can purchase the license of WHMCS and provide the license key to our support dept after your hosting plan is setup and our support dept will install WHMCS on your hosting plan or server for free

Comment

Since, last few months I have been managing a dedicated web server, on which I have installed and tried both the control panels, plesk as well as cPanel, and I must say that both are great and very simple-to-use features especially, the auto update feature in WHM. I have also used the DotNetPanel, but didn't like as much as Plesk and cpanel. Now, I am wondering that what control panel would be better for me that has easy and same features just as cPanel?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathlee View Post
                  Now, I am wondering that what control panel would be better for me that has easy and same features just as cPanel?
                  It would be very difficult to find a control panel which offers similar features, stability and interface like cPanel control panel as cPanel is the leading control panel in the web hosting industry and sometimes it's also credited as the best control panel available in the web hosting industry. However, if you are looking forward to choose another control panel, my vote goes to Webmin as I think it is the best control panel for Linux based servers and plans after cPanel.

Comment

Also, cPanel is a 3rd party application, whereas, Webmin is released under BSD license which makes it a free control panel as against cPanel which requires licensing fee.

Comment

Re:

According to me windows hosting will be the best.Because You can even get optimization of your hard disk space and RAM to help you to remove computer lock-ups while loading up web applications.
                      Best Hosting Companies | Top Ten Web Hosting
                      Web Hosting News & Comparison Tool

Comment

Originally posted by NileHadwards View Post
                        According to me windows hosting will be the best.Because You can even get optimization of your hard disk space and RAM to help you to remove computer lock-ups while loading up web applications.
                        Well, I think Windows is worth the deal only if the customer wants to host some of the sites developed using Windows based applications like ASP or ASP.net and/or wants to host Windows based applications on the hosting plan, however, if none of these are required, a Linux hosting plan or server is fine.
                        "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"

Comment

One of the major differences in Linux and Windows based hosting is that the Linux based hosting platform provides a better security and web server performance. Otherwise its just the choice of operating system that the organization has been using. In terms of web hosting most of the organizations prefer a Linux based plan as it is more secure, has faster speed and it is more stable and reliable. Nevertheless good and efficient hosting services can also be provided on a Windows hosting plan. One of the main reasons why most of the people and organizations prefer a Linux based web hosting plan is also because of the affordability factor. Linux based hosting also has high scalability and is also simple to manage.

If you have a Windows based hosting plan you get support for programming frameworks like Coldfusion and ASP.net. The Windows based hosting is slightly higher in terms of the cost factor. However the decision of opting for a Linux or Windows based hosting plan completely depends on the choice of operating system being used by the organization. EUKHost provides profitable options for both the plans.

Comment

Working...
                          X