Traffic spike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic spike!

I got an email this morning telling me I'm exceeded my traffic quota for one of my domains. I looked at my traffic history for the domain and noticed it had gone up this month from an average of about 120Mb/pm to 1617Mb/pm!!! How come? I also noticed I've started receiving junk mail from my own domain again is this a coincidence?

edit - looks like it's SMTP traffic that's gone up so I guess someone is using my mailserver.

Originally posted by Phatman View Post
    I got an email this morning telling me I'm exceeded my traffic quota for one of my domains. I looked at my traffic history for the domain and noticed it had gone up this month from an average of about 120Mb/pm to 1617Mb/pm!!! How come? I also noticed I've started receiving junk mail from my own domain again is this a coincidence?

edit - looks like it's SMTP traffic that's gone up so I guess someone is using my mail server.
    HI Steve,

Yes it seems to be, I have sent you a P.M

Please check those logs based on our investigation, and follow the steps suggested.

Also try to change/reset your email credentials to a strong one ASAP , if you doubt your email addresses are compromised.
    Chris White
    (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

I'm still getting notifications I've reset my email passwords and changed to IMAP from POP so I can encrypt the passwords.

Comment

We have reset the SMTP traffic counter for your account , you will not receive the notifications.

Merry Chrismas!

William Watson.
        Windows System Administrator
        http://www.eukhost.com

Comment

Working...
        X