FXP transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FXP transfer?

I hope to be able to offer my customers packages where I will set up and host various web applications such as Wordpress web hosting and Mambo web hosting, with these I hope to include an extensive range of free pre installed themes and plugins.

S0 far as the skins and many of the plugins do not require database entries it has been possible for me to have all my base/default packages set up in local directories on my machine here, then I can just upload the whole lot, install the application and pretty much everything works from the word go.

However over time, in anticipation of when I can eventually start my little web design/hosting company, I have collected a rather large collection of web applications and their respective themes and plugins. Now when I want to upload my Wordpress installation it takes well an over an hour to complete.

Somehow during my regular searches around the web I managed to find out about the server to server transfer protocol FXP. I found a FTP/FXP client that I like, but I cant get the transfer to work between my various domains.

When I attempt to transfer a file I get the error...

"At least one of the servers needs to support the SSCN command in order to perform secure FXP transfers"

I found this on this website hosting www. governmentsecurity.org/archive/t14105.html... "SSCN stands for Set Secured Client Negotiation, and tells the server how to handshake secure data connections using SSL. It is used for direct server-to-server transfers (FXP)."

Is it possible for the windows server my reseller package uses to support this? If not is there another way of achieving what I want?

Act honestly, and answer boldly

Abundance is from activity
    Starting the work is two thirds of it

Hello Dale,

I have requested one of our windows system admins to look into this and he will reply to this thread as soon as possible.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Thanks

Im no expert in the matter though, there may be a perfectly good reason why its not supported (perhapse even obvious to those in the know!).

I was thinking that this may be an faster way for me to transer large groups of files to where I want them, as its something I can see being a nightmare if I keep adding to the collection!

For Wordpress Im going to consider a unix/apache hosting package that supports mod_rewrite so I can try out Wordpress MU to host all the blogs. But I think thats more tailored to "free of charge" blog services.

Do you think the FXP is a good idea or is there an easier/better/faster way for me to transfer the install files?

Comment

FXP is really good to achieve what you are looking for but our CRO is finding it difficult to setup FXP. I will have a word with him tonight and see if it can be implemented or not.

Comment

Thanks again, no worries if it cant be done. I thought it might be worth enquiring about all the same

Comment

I appologise for this being my second post in a row, I take it FXP cant be done then?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Dale,

Our windows system admins said that it wont be possible for them right now to get this installed. I will keep you posted if we get this by default in new version of hosting controller or plesk but as of now its not possible.

Comment

No probs, thought I'd ask just in case. Can you sugguest any other methods of achieving what I want to do?

Thanks for your help

Comment

That is possible only in case of dedicated windows server or windows VPS Hosting but we have not launched windows VPS Hosting till now.

Comment

Working...
                  X