unable to modify php.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to modify php.ini

Has anyone else noticed we are unable to change the settings within php.ini as the windows reseller package is hosted on a shared server?

This reduces the functionality in CMS's like mediawiki and Joomla..

Has anyone else had any issues regarding this?

I found it surprising that this wasn't mentioned at the time of sale or advertised on the eukhost website

Who can help this problem?

Comment

I am not sure anything can be done at this stage, but it would have been nice to know about this restriction before purchasing this package..

Comment

Originally posted by host2net View Post
        Has anyone else noticed we are unable to change the settings within php.ini as the windows reseller package is hosted on a shared server?

This reduces the functionality in CMS's like mediawiki and Joomla..

Has anyone else had any issues regarding this?

I found it surprising that this wasn't mentioned at the time of sale or advertised on the eukhost website
        Hi,

You are not allowed to edit php.ini on Windows Shared server, and the reason for this is,
        on windows server, there's only one php.ini and the settings are server wide.

Its possible on linux servers to have customized php.ini for each domains, you can upload php.ini under your root folders, but that's not the case with Windows Shared server.
        Chris White
        (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Working...
        X