Sites down third time in a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites down third time in a week

I have a re-seller account with eUKhost and am currently suffering the third outage in the space of a week. First the server had been hacked, then at the end of last week the server updates went wrong and the sites were down about half a day, then today the sites have been down since just after 5 pm due to a DNS issue, and they're still not back.

Chris on live chat has asked if I want to move from DNP to Plesk. When I asked if that would make a difference the reply was 'We haven't noticed any hack and attack issues on plesk servers.'

So my question is will Plesk really be better than DNP (why?) and will the downtime reduce? Assuming it is more hack resistant, will it stop errors installing updates and DNS issues?

Roger

Originally posted by compserv View Post
    I have a re-seller account with eUKhost and am currently suffering the third outage in the space of a week. First the server had been hacked, then at the end of last week the server updates went wrong and the sites were down about half a day, then today the sites have been down since just after 5 pm due to a DNS issue, and they're still not back.

Chris on live chat has asked if I want to move from DNP to Plesk. When I asked if that would make a difference the reply was 'We haven't noticed any hack and attack issues on plesk servers.'

So my question is will Plesk really be better than DNP (why?) and will the downtime reduce? Assuming it is more hack resistant, will it stop errors installing updates and DNS issues?

Roger
    Hi Roger,

I've asked one of our Senior Windows System Administrator to look into this for you, he'd update you ASAP.
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Rock.

Roger

Comment

I got a reply ...

... telling me about the DNS service problems, but that didn't answer my question of whether I should move from DNP to Plesk. I don't have a problem with Plesk from a user point of view - I was on Plesk with my shared hosting but it was moved to DNP when I changed to a re-seller account - but I just want to know what the benefits and downsides will be, and can I be sure that if I do change that it will be seamless. I can't afford to have customer sites down yet again. A fourth outage in 2 weeks and both you and I will be losing business.

Thanks, Roger

Comment

... telling me about the DNS service problems, but that didn't answer my question of whether I should move from DNP to Plesk. I don't have a problem with Plesk from a user point of view - I was on Plesk with my shared hosting but it was moved to DNP when I changed to a re-seller account - but I just want to know what the benefits and downsides will be, and can I be sure that if I do change that it will be seamless. I can't afford to have customer sites down yet again. A fourth outage in 2 weeks and both you and I will be losing business.

Thanks, Roger
          Hi Roger,

We've tracked down the exact cause behind this mass defacement & have made necessary security changes in the webserver. DNP is far better than Plesk when it comes to performance, but a bit less secure when all these sort of attacks are being made on it, hence this was a point of concern for Chris when he suggested you to move to Plesk servers. But as we've dealt with all the outstanding issues, you can stay with DNP, as Plesk still doesn't provide with the proper reseller option like this one does..

Please let me know if you have any more questions & I'll be happy to answer them for you

Comment

Thanks for that Rock, just the info I needed. I'll stick with what I have.

Roger

Comment

Thanks for that Rock, just the info I needed. I'll stick with what I have.

Roger
              You're welcome Roger

Comment

I assume this is the maverick server again as a number of my customer are leaving due to the appauling ammount of downtime experienced for both web and email services. I am currently looking for an alternative more relable host.

I have started to monitor the server using Pingdom in order to help file a more formal complaint in relation to the uptime gaurantee.

Comment

Greg, Can you PM me ath IP of this server please. I'd like to know if it's the same one I am on.

Thanks, Roger

Comment

Working...
                  X