Eurofighter hosted website and TalkTalk DNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurofighter hosted website and TalkTalk DNS

Although this problem isnt a fault of EUKHOST i have finally started to get to the bottom of this and thought i would share my experience in case any one else is having this odd problem.

One of my customers reported regularly that his website and email was not accessable sometimes for a number of weeks at a time. EUKHOST support were adament that the site was up as they were able to access it however neither myself, my customer and even some of his customers reported difficulty access the site and sending email.

I setup a monitor on the website onitoring service called pingdom (highly remommended for monitoring uptime), which reported that the site was up when I couldnt get to it.

After further investigation it transpired that all the people that were unable to access the site were on talk talk broadband myself included.

The default dns servers for talk talk (212.139.132.43 / 212.139.132.44) were unable to resolve the website even though nothing had changed. Once i manually switched to 3rd party dns servers the site worked.

so if your customers are having intermittant problems with your websites check the ISP and dns servers, bear in mind that there are a lot of isp's running under the talk talk name

Kind Regards
    Greg

Originally posted by Greg View Post
    Although this problem isnt a fault of EUKHOST i have finally started to get to the bottom of this and thought i would share my experience in case any one else is having this odd problem.

One of my customers reported regularly that his website and email was not accessable sometimes for a number of weeks at a time. EUKHOST support were adament that the site was up as they were able to access it however neither myself, my customer and even some of his customers reported difficulty access the site and sending email.

I setup a monitor on the website onitoring service called pingdom (highly remommended for monitoring uptime), which reported that the site was up when I couldnt get to it.

After further investigation it transpired that all the people that were unable to access the site were on talk talk broadband myself included.

The default dns servers for talk talk (212.139.132.43 / 212.139.132.44) were unable to resolve the website even though nothing had changed. Once i manually switched to 3rd party dns servers the site worked.

so if your customers are having intermittant problems with your websites check the ISP and dns servers, bear in mind that there are a lot of isp's running under the talk talk name

Kind Regards
    Greg
    Hi Greg!

Thank you for sharing this information with us, we've noticed similar issues with few other networks, but this is something out of our reach. We'll have our customers look at the DNS they're using & have them use Google ones ( 4.4.4.4 & 8.8.8.8 ), just to ensure if that's the problem Thanks once again
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X