Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free CMS for Windows?

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got a decent open source CMS working on a customer domain running on a Windows Reseller Plesk account?

I'm struggling to find anything because IIS isn't supported by many. I don't need anything complicated, just something very, very simple to give the customer a WYSIWYG interface to edit/add basic pages. I don't really want to go the Drupal route.

I've had Snews running on a Windows server before, but that is because it had apache rather than IIS.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. When I add an FTP account to the customer account (and by customer account, I mean a domain on my reseller hosting), it won't let me log on with it to the shared IP. Am I doing something wrong here? I haven't got a lot of experience with Plesk.
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-09-2011, 10:15.

Hello,

You can install open source CMS such as DotnetNuke or Joomla on the site . You can mail [email protected] if you want us to get it installed on your domain .

Regards,
    Euk-Paul.
    Windows Support Team.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think Joomla is a bit too complex for the guy, but I'll have a read up on DotNetNuke.

Thanks again!

Comment

Do you think it is possible for me to install Umbraco on my account?

I've heard good things about this CMS!
        Last edited by Rossi; 06-09-2011, 10:12. Reason: Hidden Links

Comment

Yes, Umbraco too is a very efficient and most used CMS like DNN or Joomla. Umbraco is specially designed for Windows Operating System. You can contact our Support team via Live chat or drop a email at support [@] eukhost.com if you want us to install it on your domain.

Comment

The link that has been removed above was to the Umbraco website - Specifically, to a forum article that talked about installing the product on shared hosting providers. Hardly hidden, unless I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossie View Post
              Yes, Umbraco too is a very efficient and most used CMS like DNN or Joomla. Umbraco is specially designed for Windows Operating System. You can contact our Support team via Live chat or drop a email at support [@] eukhost.com if you want us to install it on your domain.
              Ok, thanks. I'll do that!

Comment

Working...
              X