Websites Not Loading or very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerbull001 View Post
    How are you getting on with your issue Roger? Mine was rectified but only after contacting Live Chat twice, raising a ticket as critical, posting on here and private messaging Ryan, who, to give him credit, did get things moving and the problem resolved, for now. The problem I still have is historically (from my experience) the eUKhost Windows Reseller account is sometimes unreliable. I use a basic free website monitoring service and regularly get reports of the sites being down. When they are down for more than 10 minutes I contact support. On this most recent occasion it took over 24 hours to get the sites working as they should do from the first contact with eUKhost support. Normally support is relatively quick to respond to tickets and rectify problems, it has not been made clear to me why it took so long this time.
    14 hours and counting. There used to be a 2 hour target for a response to a ticket, which was usually met. I guess that's gone out the window. I tried the live chat, but it was dead Waited over 20 minutes for someone to respond, then gave up. I haven't tried a private message yet. I'll assume this is going to happen again next week and try it then.

What I would like to see for eukhost Windows Reseller is an improved monitoring system. One of my sites that I was not monitoring I worked out had been out of action for more than 3 days until I contacted support to rectify this. The amount of time I spend on the phone and livechat to support to tell them that the sites are down is prompting me to move things to another platform which I am doing gradually. I don't want to give up on eukhost Reseller hosting completely because it represents excellent value for money and when you get the attention of the 'senior technicians' and get your problem understood you can pretty much guarantee the problem is resolved promptly. More work needs to be done to reduce the down time of this server and implement more processes to reduce the amount of time between reporting a critical issue to it being looked at by the correct people.
    The really embarrassing part is when one of your clients has to advise you that their site is down. Thankfully, that's only happened once. I did have a free site monitoring service running, but the free period (think it was about a year) expired, or maybe they just went to a pay model. I had 6 months with no trouble at all from July last year through to Jan this, and overall it seemed fairly reliable. But since the move to new hardware it's been disappointing to say the least. I agree it is excellent value for mony, all the time it's working. The moment it goes down for more than about 5 minutes it suddenly becomes overpriced. I certainly wouldn't use this for any kind of e-commerce or other critical requirement.

The purpose of this post is to try to bring about an improvement as on the whole eukhost Resller hosting represents good value for money but is sorely let down when it goes wrong, which it seems to be doing a lot recently. Ryan recently was very helpful and got things working, would be great if we can have this contact available more often, or an enhanced support infrastructure that we could subscribe to (I wouldn't mind paying extra for this)
    What would be nice is an honest response from eUKhost explaining what's going wrong and what they're doing to fix it. At the moment I feel that what's going wrong is they have customers and to fix it they're trying to drive them to the competition.

Roger

Comment

Hi Roger,

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. I have managed to locate your support ticket and forwarded it to a senior tech in Windows Support team. He is investigating the issue and we will get back to you with an explanation on this shortly. Request you to be patient during this while.
      eUKhost Ltd.
      Part of the Hyperslice Group

Email: [email protected]
      Phone: 0800 862 0380
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Roger,

I have checked with the tech who was looking into your issue and both your blogs are up now. You may verify the same at your end. An explanation about the cause of this is now being sent to you in the ticket SAS-328-48687.
        eUKhost Ltd.
        Part of the Hyperslice Group

Email: [email protected]
        Phone: 0800 862 0380
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          Hi Roger,

I have checked with the tech who was looking into your issue and both your blogs are up now. You may verify the same at your end. An explanation about the cause of this is now being sent to you in the ticket SAS-328-48687.
          Thanks for that Ryan. I've replied to that response. Basically I want to know how the problems occurred, and was it something eUKhost did or the result of the site getting hacked. As I said in the ticket, I'm not after blaming anyone - that usually achieves nothing but bad feeling - I just want to know why and how. the problems occurred. It just seems odd that it occurred to the only 2 WordPress blogs hosted on my account, one was because of something changed either in the setup of the hosting or in the index.php file and no explanation for the other one. It's happened twice in a week and if it happens again I need to know what the problem is so I can fix it (like will I have to put the ./ back again).

Roger

Comment

Re: Websites Not Loading or very slow

I always use cloud computing technology from Real Time Cloud Services for running web sites, so there is no slow loading.

Comment

Working...
            X