Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if your support ticket system is working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if your support ticket system is working...

Hi, I've raised a ticket BBR-368-55120 but the posts I've made on the support page are only showing a few words of what I actually entered, so I'm not certain if I'm communicating the problem.

I originally asked for a database backup to be restored to a new database I'd created on my site eyezoni.com but I was advised that this is not possible as I am using SQLServer 2008 R2 to create the backup and you are using 2008. From what I have read you are correct (but I only have 2008 R2 so I can't do much else).

I then tried to explain that the reason that I am trying to get a backup restored is that I need to create the asp membership extensions (present in my backup) on the new DB and that (as I understand it) creating them using a backup is the only way I can do it since I don't have access to the tools on the server that would usually be employed.

Since the backup/restore seems to be a dead end, I've asked if you can create the membership extensions for me.

I've tried to say this on your support page, but if my replies are indeed being truncated (and its not just a display problem when I view them) then you might not know this; which might explain why you've asked me to re-upload the backup (even though its still where I put it).

Sorry if this is wasting your time, but I really don't know if you're seeing what I'm posting and this is an urgent problem for me.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

This is not wasting our time at all and appreciate you have raised this issue to us. We are in business to provide services to our customers, so we are more than happy to assist at any time.

I will forward this onto Mark Ducadi, one of our executives who will look into this for you since your issue appears to be quite a priority to get resolved as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,
    Ben.

Comment

Hope you manage to get everything sorted out soon Paul .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hello Paul,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. There is a small bug in our helpdesk API. The system is stripping the content after some special character like $,%,^,&,'," So please don't use it in your reply. I think you had used " ' " character after "I" so the system has truncated it. We are aware of the issue and our developers are working hard to get it fixed asap.
        Thanks and Regards,
        Alex Parker
        Senior System Administrator.
        Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
        MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Comment

Ok thanks. I'm not sure where that leaves me with my ticket. I guess I'll try again with out any special characters.

-Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

I have updated ticket BBR-368-55120 regarding the database restoration issue. If you have any queries or doubts, kindly update the ticket. We will be glad to assist you.

euksud,
            Technical Support Depatment

Comment

How's it going Paul? Have you managed to get everything sorted now? .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Getting there, thanks!

Now have some odd web.config httphandler issues, but I will raise a separate ticket for that.

-Paul

Comment

Thanks for your help

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me get my database set up with asp membership extensions. The issue with your ticket system was frustrating, but a quick post here got that sorted out.

Thank you, I appreciate the work that you did on my behalf.

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

We are glad to hear that the issue with your database has been resolved now. Thank you so much for your appreciation .

Kindly get back to us for any other issues or queries.

euksud,
                    Technical Support Depatment

Comment

Glad to hear that it's all resolved now Paul .
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                      X