Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.Net subdomains

Hi All,

wondering if anyone has achieved this, im writing an asp.net web app so that users can sign up for a service and receive their own sub domain i.e. customer1.exampledomain.com and customer2.exampledomain.com but programatically with asp.net so they go to the same website the following blog post explains a bit more:
    Just notes: ASP.NET and subdomains

The first step is to create a wildcard entry in our DNS pointing to the server, but i dont seem to have the ability to do this in plesk. Not having done this before i wondered is this the correct solution and if other .net developers have done something similar with eukhost hosting?

Kind Regards
    Greg

Sounds complex!! I know that I investigated this on a Linux platform, somehow getting it to integrate with cPanel but I didn't have any joy in the end.

Unfortunately my experience with Windows based hosting is limited so I'll have to leave it to someone else to see if they know more .

If you manage to find a solution then please do share it with us .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hello Greg,

A wildcard DNS record is a record in a DNS zone that will match requests for non-existent domain names. A wild card DNS entry is nothing by "*" added in the dns of a domain name, e.g. *.eukhost.com. Can you kindly open a ticket and give me the ticket number and we can see which DNS server you are using and enable the * entry for you.

Thanks,
      Ray

Comment

Working...
      X