Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing WHMCS

Hello,

I am trying to install WHMCS onto my Windows shared reseller account, and have currently had 3 different replies to my support tickets:

1. WHMCS can be installed
    2. WHMCS cannot be installed on a shared server
    3. WHMCS can only be installed on Linux.

I'm fairly certain that WHMCS will run under Windows, but I am struggling to get ioncube installed onto my account.

Has anybody else out there got WHMCS installed on their Windows shared server?

Many thanks in advance.

WHMCS documentation says it can be installed on both windows and linux.... the possible reason it cant be installed on a shared plan is that you need a reseller plan to create web accounts..... heres the link for whmcs system requirements http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

Comment

Originally posted by ncarta View Post
      Hello,

I am trying to install WHMCS onto my Windows shared reseller account, and have currently had 3 different replies to my support tickets:

1. WHMCS can be installed
      2. WHMCS cannot be installed on a shared server
      3. WHMCS can only be installed on Linux.

I'm fairly certain that WHMCS will run under Windows, but I am struggling to get ioncube installed onto my account.

Has anybody else out there got WHMCS installed on their Windows shared server?

Many thanks in advance.
      Hi!

As mentioned by Welshy, WHMCS can't be installed on a shared hosting packages as it needs too much of changes in the strict shared environment, while opening ports & enabling such things will definitely pose a threat to the other customers hosted on the same server. Another point is it requires "admin" privileges for the plans (Resellers/Client/Domains templates), etc to be granted, which can't be done when on shared hosting. It's recommended that you opt for a Windows VPS or an Enlight package to make avail of such privileges & use the account software. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this..
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, that definitely answers my questions

Comment

Originally posted by ncarta View Post
          Thanks for the replies guys, that definitely answers my questions
          You're welcome
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...