Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scripting.dictionary

Hi folks,

I understand that EUKHost removed permissions to execute the File System Object a long time ago...that's fine...never really used it, however does that also extend to createobject("scripting.dictionary")?

I am getting an error when I try

ActiveX component can't create object: 'scripting.dictionary'
    wheresmycar.co.uk - Ever wondered where your old car is?

Re: scripting.dictionary

Hi twisted-pixe,

This has been forwarded onto one of our Windows senior technicians who will be able to assist you. You'll receive a response from a member of our team shortly.

Kind Regards,

Ben Stones
    Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
    Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
    Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
    Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Hi folks,

I understand that EUKHost removed permissions to execute the File System Object a long time ago...that's fine...never really used it, however does that also extend to createobject("scripting.dictionary")?

I am getting an error when I try

ActiveX component can't create object: 'scripting.dictionary'

Hi Alistair,

The runtime objects -> Create Object:"Scripting.Dictionary" & Create Object:"Scripting.FileSystemObject" are both bundled and provided using a single DLL file known as scrrun.dll

And as you may know, if this DLL file is enabled then malicious users can use it to gain, delete OR create data hosted on websites having applications installed like DNN etc.

Thus for our servers & our clients data security, we have already un-registered this DLL. This is the reason you are getting an error for -> Scripting.Dictionary.

Regards,
      eukSud
      Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by euksud View Post
        Hi Alistair,

The runtime objects -> Create Object:"Scripting.Dictionary" & Create Object:"Scripting.FileSystemObject" are both bundled and provided using a single DLL file known as scrrun.dll

And as you may know, if this DLL file is enabled then malicious users can use it to gain, delete OR create data hosted on websites having applications installed like DNN etc.

Thus for our servers & our clients data security, we have already un-registered this DLL. This is the reason you are getting an error for -> Scripting.Dictionary.

Regards,
        eukSud
        Technical Support

bugger....ok, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by twisted-pixe View Post
          bugger....ok, thanks
          You might want to check on our VPS plans if this is most essentially required for your websites/scripts to function properly..
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
            You might want to check on our VPS plans if this is most essentially required for your websites/scripts to function properly..
            not the end of the world, I was just trying to find a facebook login script that uses classic ASP and the only one I found uses the dictionary object is all.

Comment

I am actually interested in a VPS plan so that I can have this feature. It's twice what I am paying now, but not too bad I suppose. The thing that stops me moving is that whenever there is a server upgrade or move etc, I spend hours with support trying to fix all the problems with directory permissions, email problems and non functioning sites (see my other tickets on the subject)

Comment

ban-img
              Working...
              X