Black Listed Mail Server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Listed Mail Server?

I very occasionally get calls from people who can't send an email to either me or one of my hosted clients because the mail bounces. This is despite the service working perfectly for me and everyone else. One client claimed his customer got a message saying the mail server is vulnerable to attack? I'm just wondering if the EUK mail server is on any blacklists... or is it that customers security is too tight?

Re: Black Listed Mail Server?

Just done a test with MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox and swindon.eukhost.com 94.76.212.177 comes back as black listed by Lashback.

"The Lashback Unsubscribe Blacklist (UBL) typically suggests that your network was subjected to a possible directory harvesting attack where someone either used the server or email accounts on the server to send "Unsubscribe" probe traffic or phishing emails."

You can request it taken off the list from The LashBack UBL - LashBack, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by Phatman View Post
      I very occasionally get calls from people who can't send an email to either me or one of my hosted clients because the mail bounces. This is despite the service working perfectly for me and everyone else. One client claimed his customer got a message saying the mail server is vulnerable to attack? I'm just wondering if the EUK mail server is on any blacklists... or is it that customers security is too tight?

Dear Phatman,

Thank you for your update.

Kindly Let me know if you have any Support Ticket open for the issue or PM me your Domain name/Email address in question, also the mail server ip is different from the one which you are trying to check under Mxtoolbox.

The issue you are facing is with the Incoming emails, so the ip blacklist should not effect your clients.
      Regards,
      eUK-Justin
      Windows Support Department .

Comment

Hi, issue was a hosted clients incoming mail has been resolved. I've now filled out a support ticket to find out what went wrong to try and avoid it happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatman View Post
          Hi, issue was a hosted clients incoming mail has been resolved. I've now filled out a support ticket to find out what went wrong to try and avoid it happening again.
          Hello Phatman,

I am happy to know that your issue is resolved, our support team will surely update the Ticket with the details.
          Regards,
          eUK-Justin
          Windows Support Department .

Comment

I have read eukhost mail server doesn't support php mails as its black listed. Any update regarding that?

Comment

Originally posted by nomanali View Post
              I have read eukhost mail server doesn't support php mails as its black listed. Any update regarding that?
              Yes, we have had the php mail() function disabled on our shared servers because we have experienced a lot of spam and other unsolicited mail being sent using this function.
              "It Takes 20 Years To Build A Reputation And Five Minutes To Ruin It. If You Think About That, You'll Do Things Differently. "

Comment

Thanks PMagic for the update!

Comment

ban-img
                Working...
                X