Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Blacklisted by Spamhaus

Hi,

I've just put in a support request about this but thought others should know so they can check their servers.

Two of my clients, event-trucking.com and joeslawncare.co.uk have complained about certain clients not being able to either view their sites or receive email despite the services working perfectly normally. By checking with Domain Health Check - Online Domain Tools - Blacklist, Email, Website, DNS - MxToolBox I have found that the server is blacklisted by Spamhaus Zen.

By going to The Spamhaus Project and entering the server ip 94.76.212.176 it turns out the reason is 'Malware distribution'. Basically someone on this shared server is abusing their terms and conditions. Here is what they say about removal:

"To have record SBL271882 (94.76.212.176/32) removed from the SBL, the Abuse/Security representative of eukhost.com (or the Internet Service Provider responsible for supplying connectivity to 94.76.212.176/32) needs to contact the SBL Team by email (use this link) to explain how the abuse problem has been terminated (we need to know exactly how the issue has been dealt with and that this abuse problem is fully terminated). If the abuse problem that caused this listing has been terminated we will normally remove the listing from the SBL without delay.

It is essential that emails to the SBL Team about this SBL listing include this exact ticket information in the email Subject: (ticket number)

This might explain why sales of stickers from my dubberware site has fallen recently.

I'll update this thread when I get a reply from support.

Re: Server Blacklisted by Spamhaus

Thanks,

I'll wait to see what happens before closing the support ticket.

-Steve

Comment

Hi,

The server's IP has been set for delisting. We're in the process of scanning the websites that are responsible for spamming & leading to such blocks. Thank you for your patience.
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

That's good news! The impact that one bad apple can have can't be under emphasised when you have commercial websites on a shared server. I know most people would say that you should have a dedicated server if you are serious but many of my clients are startup businesses who can't afford that much investment.

It does beg the question whether EUKHost scan their servers for malware regularly? I would have thought this would be set to run automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatman View Post
          That's good news! The impact that one bad apple can have can't be under emphasised when you have commercial websites on a shared server. I know most people would say that you should have a dedicated server if you are serious but many of my clients are startup businesses who can't afford that much investment.

It does beg the question whether EUKHost scan their servers for malware regularly? I would have thought this would be set to run automatically.
          Hi,

The server has been delisted. We've configured automatic scanning for malware on a daily interval.

Comment

That's good to hear Rock, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatman View Post
              That's good to hear Rock, Thanks!
              You are welcome!