Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISAPI Rewrite help

Hi,
    I'm told by Eukhost that they have enabled ISAPI Rewrite on my shared windows hosting domain. However I've tried many rules in my .htaccess file but I cannot get it to work.

Am I correct in that Rewriting should just burst into life once I place a .htaccess file in the root of my domain, wwwroot.

Here's the rules i've tried,

[ISAPI_Rewrite]
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

#Fix missing trailing slash char on folders
    RewriteRule ^([^.?]+[^.?/])$ $1/ [R,L]

#RewriteRule (.*) http\://www.eukhost.com [LR]
    #RewriteRule (.+) http\://www.microsoft.com$1 [LR]
    #RewriteRule ^/$ /blog/ [LR]
    RewriteRule ^$ /blog/ [LR]

uncommenting lines I try, in turn

Reed permissions on the file are correct as seen via DNP. I have to FTP the file, as DNP does not allow a filename starting with a period.

Is there anything else I can do to test?
    Any PHP or ASP page I could write to prove the DLL is loaded?

thank in advance
    John

Hi Jhon,

We have updated your Ticket #OQY-18478-104

We tried to set the rewrite rule for non-www to www , i.e from yourdomain to www.yourdomain, that was successful.

The current rule that is set is redirecting yourdomain.co.uk to www.yourdomain.co.uk/blog

let us know , is this the rule that you wanted.

If not, you can update the ticket with the rule/ the exact redirection that you need to set
    or
    You can contact us over live chat and let us know the exact redirection that you need to set.
    Chris White
    (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Chris,
      Thank you for your update and your continued assistance with this issue. I replied earlier this morning to the ticket itself.

By posting here I'd hoped for some other Eukhost's customers that used ISAPI_Rewrite to respond with their experiences, but I guess this is a little used feature.

After consideration I have decided to discontinue with using ISAPI_Rewrite, and will use other means to achieve the same, such as an HTML meta tag.
      I have removed my .htaccess file earlier this morning and in checking now, some 5 hrs later the rules have cancelled.

The best explanation I have is that the Server is busy and misses changes to .htaccess, (I believe the ISAPI DLL uses System.Web.FileChangesMonitor). There seems to be some comments on the Internet to this effect. In view of this it is too unreliable.

thanks for your assistance,
      John

Comment

your welcome

Hi Jhon,

I have updated your ticket.

ISAPI rewrite rules were working hence there seems to be no issues with permission or ISAPI. It has do something with the Coding/Scripting of Rules.

As requested ISAPI rules has been removed from your domain.

Please let us know if you have any doubts or require any further assistance,
        We will be glad to help you.
        Chris White
        (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Working...
        X