Access Data Project (ADP) Issue with Stored Procedure Parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Data Project (ADP) Issue with Stored Procedure Parameters

There was an update on our Shared Server and now we have a problem accessing SQL Data hosted with EUK using Microsoft Access, specifically using an Access Data Project (ADP).

The issue is only arising with accessing Data using input or output parameters, which now returns 'Connection Error' then all data is blocked (tables, views and SP's) returning a 'Connection Error'

We have looked into this, are stumped. My initial instinct is that it is a security issue, but cannot solve this. All Websites access the data fine, so it can only be within the Data Link Properties of the ADP. They were all working perfectly before the EUK change to the server.

I know Access ADP's are a bit old hat, but we like them!

An help would be much appreciated, Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Jono72 View Post
    There was an update on our Shared Server and now we have a problem accessing SQL Data hosted with EUK using Microsoft Access, specifically using an Access Data Project (ADP).

The issue is only arising with accessing Data using input or output parameters, which now returns 'Connection Error' then all data is blocked (tables, views and SP's) returning a 'Connection Error'

We have looked into this, are stumped. My initial instinct is that it is a security issue, but cannot solve this. All Websites access the data fine, so it can only be within the Data Link Properties of the ADP. They were all working perfectly before the EUK change to the server.

I know Access ADP's are a bit old hat, but we like them!

An help would be much appreciated, Thanks
    Hi Jonathan,

to Eukhost community forums

Could you please let us know where exactly do you receive this error, so that we can check & provide you with a possible solution?
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Rock, Thanks for the reply.

If you open the ADP and press F11 to get at the Data Window you can view all the data directly in Tables, Views and Stored Procedures without Parameters. If you open a SP with parameters it returns a “Connection Failure” error. Click ok to close the Popup error, then all the data is locked, returning a “Unspecified Error” even on the tables and views previously working. If you close the ADP and reload it will reset itself.

I have attached a screenshot of the Access Data Link Properties which may help - I have used ADPs for a lot and never had to delve into these setting as they have always worked, and been pretty robust with SQL Servers. I have tried on Access 2003 and 2007.

Incidentally, the SP’s drive websites through .NET developed with VWD and they all work ok – its definitely an Access issue.

If you need anything else please let me know, and thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

ADP Stored Procedures / dbo Schema

Hi Rock,

I still have no solution to this. I have attached the ADP less forms, and reports. The Tables and queries are ok, Stored Procedures are not.

I tried various options but am still at a complete loss - work ok with .NET connections for websites. I have replicas of this database in three other places so the solution of using another schema (Rather than dbo) is not really an option as it would require re-coding some 150 forms.

The issue seems to be the Login rights cannot own a dbo schema on the shared server, unless I am missing anything obvious.

Please contact me for the password - i am not sure how to send the password to just the moderators,

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Jono
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X