Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS question (not urgent)

Hi

Forgive my ignorance, but I have had problems with one of my sites, and your support advice was to delete and re-create it, which I did. The site then 'cannot be found' and your support advice is that I should wait for DNS servers to propagate.

I (obviously wrongly) thought that on a shared host, deleting and recreating a site would mean that the prior DNS records were still valid, after all, its the same domain name on the same IP address - isn't it?

Can anyone explain this or point me somewhere that does, please?

-Paul

Originally posted by Paul Image-Machine View Post
    Hi

Forgive my ignorance, but I have had problems with one of my sites, and your support advice was to delete and re-create it, which I did. The site then 'cannot be found' and your support advice is that I should wait for DNS servers to propagate.

I (obviously wrongly) thought that on a shared host, deleting and recreating a site would mean that the prior DNS records were still valid, after all, its the same domain name on the same IP address - isn't it?

Can anyone explain this or point me somewhere that does, please?

-Paul
    Hello Paul,

Can you help me please with the ticket number which has this domain name. I would need to see the records to explain to you in the ticket.

Thanks,
    Ray

Comment

Hi Ray. I don't have a ticket number, I was on live chat, but the relevant part of the transcript is:

Harold: Have you made any changes from control panel?
      paul duffin: What in particular? I deleted yoshidoshi.com domain and then created it again. The only changes were done to this domain.
      Harold: When you recreated your domain.
      paul duffin: I should add that I do have FTP access via Dreamweaver and can connect successfully.
      Harold: Through IP address right ?
      paul duffin: All the websites we host (6 in total) have the same shared IP address.
      Harold: DNS will take some time to propagation worldwide.
      paul duffin: even though the DNS servers are the sames as they were before?
      Harold: If you have recreated your domain recently then needs to wait for some time.
      Harold: Yes
      paul duffin: ok. I guess I will have to wait and see. Thank you

The site is still not available (www.yoshidoshi.com). I normally find DNS propagation to be pretty quick and it is now about 18 hours since I recreated the site.

-Paul

Comment

Dear Paul,

I request you to please check if the domain YoshiDoshi - Website and Graphic Design is working as per your expectations. The entry for the domain was somehow not created in the DNS zone which we had to create manually.

Please revert if you need any assistance further on this.

Thank you.
        | |
        Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Working...
        X