Domain down can't contact Eukhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain down can't contact Eukhost

My domain is down at the moment. No mail, no sites loading.
    The Eukhost support site isn't loading, neither is the useless ipad app. The client area on the site isn't loading either.
    I've just started a live chat session, but was cut off by the operator and now all operators are busy.
    The billing section isn"t loading either.
    So, I can't reach eukhost to submit a ticket.
    I honestly dread it when things go wrong because Eukhost....
    Well, lets eee!

Apart from certain eukhost sites, all other domains and sites are ok by the way.

Thank

Sites and mail are back up, but can't log into DotNetPanel Control panel (technical error).
    Tried to log-in to the Client area, but my password rejected. Clicked the link to be sent a new password - nothing received (and I do use an external GMail address rather than one from my domain).
    So still stuck.
    Waiting for "live chat" to respond, but kinda stuck at the moment.

Comment

Still waiting for a "live chat" operator - Whatever happened to the "System Status" page that would flag up server issues?

Comment

I've had to give up on Live Chat. Obviously something is going on, but as usual EukHost aren't exactly the most communicative.
        Just to summarise - Logging in to DotNetPanel produces a server error.
        Requsting a new password for the Client Area does not generate a reset email.

Nothing else I can do at the moment. And a case in point regarding my experience over the years with EukHost - Absolutely fantastic as long as nothing needs to be changed or nothing goes wrong. Any changes, or issues and its chaos, misinformation and poor communication.

Comment

Progress!
          On the 5th attempt, the password reset email was sent.
          Ticket submitted regarding the broken DNP.
          Deep Joy.

Comment

Emergency Maintenance on UKDNP DNS server. - euk-status.com

Ah.
            Of course I couldn't see that until I'd logged into the Client Area!

Comment

DotNetPanel still down. No response to my ticket. IPad app useless because it doesn't work at all. Status page not been updated since 7:35 this morning.
              Shambolic, frankly.
              As I said, eukhost is good when everything is working ok. As soon as something goes wrong, hopeless.
              Looks like I'll be looking for a new provider!

Comment

Eventually got a response to my ticket, letting me know that the DNP is still down (which I knew already).
                Not much point having a status page if you just stick up the fact that a service is offline, don't give any estimates as to when it will be back, and then don't at least post an update every 24 hours with some sort of progress report.

Surely someone at eukhost should know that good communication is the key element to customer satisfaction and success?
                Talking the talk of "transparency" doesn't work if you aren't really communicating properly with your customers.

Comment

Hi Nige,

I have requested an update from our senior administrators. I'll get back to you regarding this.

The eUK-status blog is visible even if you are not logged into the client area as well.

Kind regards,
                  Ben.

Comment

Err, Thanks Ben - but that doesn't give me much does it?
                    "It's broken and we're not telling you when it will be fixed"

I've heard nothing since your post at 13:56 today. The status page hasn't been touched since yesterday morning.

The status page is worse than useless if it's not regularly updated. It will become as moribund at the Network Status thread on this forum (i.e: Never updated, so nobody trusts it).

Unfortunately, as I've said many, many, many times before eukHost is only good when nothing's going wrong and nothing needs changing. Request a change, or there's yet another attack and it's no communication and a shambles.
                    And Sod's Law, it always seems to go pear-shaped just after I've paid for a year's service.

Not good at all.
                    There's no point in me banging on about how customer confidence is hit by repeated failure to communicate, let alone the hacking episodes that generate this chaotic panic. Nobody listens at Eukhost. Your footer about others' opinions actually expresses my experience of eukHost; Eukhost are always right. Eukhost knows best. Eukhost are the best. It's great as a personal mantra, but as a commercial strategy it's bound to fail if you don't live up to your promises. Treat your customers as secondary for long enough and your customers will surely leave you.

Comment

Hello Nige,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I have asked our Windows Admins to reply you. They'll update you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                        I have requested an update from our senior administrators. I'll get back to you regarding this.
                        Originally posted by eUK-Rishi View Post
                        ...I have asked our Windows Admins to reply you. They'll update you soon.
                        Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Comment

name servers

Originally posted by Nige View Post
                          My domain is down at the moment. No mail, no sites loading.
                          The Eukhost support site isn't loading, neither is the useless ipad app. The client area on the site isn't loading either.
                          I've just started a live chat session, but was cut off by the operator and now all operators are busy.
                          The billing section isn"t loading either.
                          So, I can't reach eukhost to submit a ticket.
                          I honestly dread it when things go wrong because Eukhost....
                          Well, lets eee!

Apart from certain eukhost sites, all other domains and sites are ok by the way.

Thank
                          Are your nameservers pointing tot he right DNS?

Comment

Originally posted by Nige View Post
                            Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.
                            Hi Nige,

I can assure you our senior administrators are actively working on your issue. I had just spoke with Alex P a moment ago, head senior administrator, and he's clarified that a Windows senior administrator is dealing with your issue right now. So please know we're doing everything we can to have this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Regards,
                            Ben.

Comment

Hello Nigel,

We regret to inform you that the Control panel service and database has been corrupted.
                              Due to this Control panel isn't available and is under Maintenance.

We are trying to recover this as I write. Simultaneously, we are also working with DNP developers to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We will update the Status Page, as soon as we make progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we continue to work towards a solution.
                              Chris White
                              (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Working...
                              X