No announcement yet.

Domain down can't contact Eukhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So having taken 2 weeks of poor information, I now get a support ticket informing me that I have 1 week to recreate all my domains and mailboxes ready for migration.
    As I've already said, I won't be able to do this since I'm away for 2 weeks and inevitably the migration won't go smoothly because eukhost don't really have the slightest clue about what it's doing, so I won't be able to test anything fully and submit endless tickets trying to resolve multiple issues.
    Useless.
    An it's just occured to me to ask why eukhost don't back up the DNP control panel database?
    Not necessarily regularly, but at least before undertaking any maintenance or updates?
    It seems to me that DNP is pretty flaky at the best of times. Does eukhost have no disaster recovery procedures in place?
    Last edited by Nige; 16-05-2012, 12:43.

Comment

I am still awaiting an update, I have no login details - I am still unable to access DNP.

I did however receive a response from Support :

This message concerns your ticket #UVF-989-17828. We have not received a response from you since the last 48 hours, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. Should you require any further assistance, kindly respond to this e-mail.

How can I consider this issue resolved? (and if I kindly respond to the email it bounces as the reply-to is no-reply btw).

Eukhost, can I please, please, please ask for some prioritisation to allow me to access my control panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Nige View Post
        Oh Marvellous!
        We wait two weeks with no service and no communication, and now there's hours of work ahead for us to recreate everything?

It just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

And, while I appreciate the multiple apologies, "sorry" doesn't really cut it. Myself and others have repeatedly complained about the lack of communication and the inordinate delays in getting DNP back up, and yet we STILL have to post on these forums
        to squeeze any kind of response from you.
        And STILL you blame third-parties for something that is YOUR responsiblity.

I am so sick of eukhost at the moment.
        HELLO!
        Nothing heard from eukhost since midday yesterday.
        Do your really not understand what communication means?
        There's absolutely no point in repeatedly apologising and then just ignoring your customers complaints. From Friday I will not have any opportunity to recreate my account mailboxes for 2 weeks, so what will happen then? Will I come back to nothing?
        Also, I submitted a ticket to complain about this ongoing fiasco. I was under the impression that feedback tickets went to senior management, but all I got was the offer to move to a different cluster, which I declined because (a) I thought the dnp problem was nearly fixed and (b) whenever eukhost make any changes it causes all sorts of problems (none of which, of course, is EVER eukhost's fault).
        I'm going to start looking for a new host because I've no confidence in eukhost anymore. Yes, things go wrong, but there's no management of crises, atrocious communication and I always get the impression that eukhost looks down on its customers, as if you are the ultimate and perfect experts and we're idiots. I feel patronised and I've reached the end of my tether.
        So having taken 2 weeks of poor information, I now get a support ticket informing me that I have 1 week to recreate all my domains and mailboxes ready for migration.
        As I've already said, I won't be able to do this since I'm away for 2 weeks and inevitably the migration won't go smoothly because eukhost don't really have the slightest clue about what it's doing, so I won't be able to test anything fully and submit endless tickets trying to resolve multiple issues.
        Useless.
        An it's just occured to me to ask why eukhost don't back up the DNP control panel database?
        Not necessarily regularly, but at least before undertaking any maintenance or updates?
        It seems to me that DNP is pretty flaky at the best of times. Does eukhost have no disaster recovery procedures in place?
        Hello Nigel Simm,

I've updated your ticket ALN-819-84478 with the answers to your questions. Please update the ticket if you need any further assistance with the DNP control panel issues.
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I got that too, gillf.
          Adds insult to injury.
          Unfortunately, when you do get access to your DNP you'll find its completely empty.
          Having waited 2 weeks with little or no information, we are now expected to recreate everything ourselves so that eukhost can kindly migrate the data (and I'm dreading that!).

Comment

Originally posted by gillfl View Post
            I am still awaiting an update, I have no login details - I am still unable to access DNP.

I did however receive a response from Support :

This message concerns your ticket #UVF-989-17828. We have not received a response from you since the last 48 hours, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. Should you require any further assistance, kindly respond to this e-mail.

How can I consider this issue resolved? (and if I kindly respond to the email it bounces as the reply-to is no-reply btw).

Eukhost, can I please, please, please ask for some prioritisation to allow me to access my control panel?
            Hi Gill Flynn,

We've a ticket HZX-219-38607 open which contains the control panel login details. Please let me know if you're not able to find that ticket in your client area.
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

DNP Accounts and Domains and websites recreated.
              Ticket updated.
              My own Back Up made of the DNP and downloaded to a (properly backed up) PC (wish I'd known about the back up option before!).
              One precious evening of my time wasted. Thanks.

Ready for migration.
              Wonder how long that will take?
              Last edited by Nige; 16-05-2012, 20:52.

Comment

Working...
              X