Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 - Internal server error - FRG-845-62283

All,

I have a ticket open with EUKHOST that is now 8 days old and going no where fast: FRG-845-62283

Since I went on a business trip, I believe something or someone from eukhost has attempted to tighten permissions on my joomla site and as a result I am getting the same error repeatedly:

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

When I investigate further, it appears to be a 500.19 error and the site preview in plesk indicates permissions issues on web.config (there may be other files affected too). I have posted all this detailed information to the ticket - raised it as critical as my site is effectively down and I cannot get a fix that lasts longer than 60 mins before I am down again.

My site is still down now - can anyone on the forum help escalate my ticket and get me a lasting fix?

Thanks
    Ross

Ticket: FRG-845-62283 is been updated. The site has been given necessary permissions and is working now. Kindly check and confirm the same.

Comment

More issues on this - I am still not getting a permanent fix. I have deployed a monitoring service to keep track on stability. Between 01:00 and 05:31 BST this morning my sites were down - then at approximately 14:02 both sites have gone down again. I am not sure what to do.

Ross

Comment

I am gett the same error and when it's fixed it only lasts for a few hours. I think something on the share windows server must be overiding the short term fixes that are being aplied - EUKHOST please sort this out.

Comment

mcintyro
          More issues on this - I am still not getting a permanent fix. I have deployed a monitoring service to keep track on stability. Between 01:00 and 05:31 BST this morning my sites were down - then at approximately 14:02 both sites have gone down again. I am not sure what to do.
          Hello Ross,
          I have updated ticket FRG-845-62283 with the exact reason due to which your site was offline.

mark_mids
          I am gett the same error and when it's fixed it only lasts for a few hours. I think something on the share windows server must be overiding the short term fixes that are being aplied - EUKHOST please sort this out.
          Hello Mark,
          We know that your sites were also offline. Reason for the same has been sent to you in ticket - DKW-742-30155.

Regards,
          euksud
          Technical Support Department

Comment

Dear EUKHost,

Today is the 11th May 2012. I opened my ticket with you on the 1st of May reporting a complete lack of stablilty with both my websites. I have received contrasting explanations, assurances of issue resolution which were unsubstantiated and proved to be inaccurate, explanations in ticket references that I have not raised and have no visibility to (DKW-742-30155), complete lack of communication in the ticket I have opened (FRG-845-62283).

In the last 48 hours both my sites have been offline - the ticket has not been updated, I contacted live chat support and pointed them at my ticket at 2am this morning - one of my websites was allegedly "fixed" before the chap (Adrian) ended the session before I could get assistance with the second site. Regardless his "fix" lasted a little over one hour before that site was down again.

In the past I have been satisfied with eukhost - you are not the cheapest but always seemed reasonably helpful. I am now witnessing a complete lack of customer service, poor communication, no regard for ticket classification in that your customer websites are down. I have started to look for other hosting companies as I have no confidence that this issue can be resolved.

What can I do to get some quality support and attention - do I need to beg?! Well here it is...please please, can we get my websites back and stable and resolve the repeated Error 500 and Error 503 issues. I have these websites for a reason - they are not expendible - I am being asked by my club members why the sites are down daily. I am at least being responsive and communicative with them unlike you with me.

Come on EUKHOST - redeem yourself here, fix my problem.

Comment

Ongoing Error 500 and non existent customer service

The site www.penicuiksouthbadminton.com has gone down again. Here is the history:

Tuesday 8th. 19:23 - Down for 20 mins
              Tuesday 8th. 23:34 - Down for 20 mins
              Wednesday 9th, 00:53 - Down for 300 mins
              Wednesday 9th, 14:53 - Down for 60 mins
              Wednesday 9th, 21:53 - Down for 90 mins
              Thurdsay 10th, 04:02 - Down for 1350 mins
              Friday 11th, 03:53 - Down for 510 mins
              Saturday 12th, 04:23 - Down for 270 mins
              Sunday 13th, 03:53 - Down for 600 mins
              Monday 14th, 03:53 - STILL DOWN (480 Mins)

Total recorded downtime for the month of May (so far) 3,700 mins/61.6 hours

There is something happening around 4am that appears to be relevant to th issue - please get this escalated to senior management then fixed.

Ross

Comment

ticket references that I have not raised and have no visibility to (DKW-742-30155)
                This ticket had updates for client mark_mids (Mark)
                Hello Mark,
                We know that your sites were also offline. Reason for the same has been sent to you in ticket - DKW-742-30155.
                Hello Ross,

Your sites are running on individual dedicated application pools.
                As per your ticket replies, sites have been found offline. Whilst investigating it is seen that dedicated application pool user permissions are not in the site permission list and had to be set manually for bringing sites online.
                There are 800 plus websites hosted on this shared server and we are not facing any downtime for any other websites. Can you please let us know if there are any changes being made on sites from Plesk control panel.

euksud,

Comment

I'm having similar issues. Lots of downtime and none of custom error pages are working. I just opened a ticket and waiting to see the response. Just once I'd like to have a few weeks where I'm not complaining that my sites aren't working
                  wheresmycar.co.uk - Ever wondered where your old car is?

Comment

Hello Alistair,

Provide me with the ticket ID please, We will check this for you.
                    Chris White
                    (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

I don't have a ticketid, I emailed it in to [email protected] and received the auto reply but nothing else yet

Comment

Hello Alistair,

Direct emails are disabled, you need to log into your client area and raise a support ticket from there.

or login here : http://support.eukhost.com/
                        Chris White
                        (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Typical, even your support system is less than helpful

Comment

Ticket ID is MGX 895-58034

Comment

Hello Alistair,

We have replied to your ticket .
                              You are facing the issue with your sites which are hosted on Swindon server because the server is migrated to new hardware node .
                              Custom settings configured for the sites will not be migrated and needs to setup again on new server.
                              You will need to setup your custom error pages to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Euk-Nicholas.

Comment

Working...
                              X