Apologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to both the users of this forum, and the EUKHost staff that are both here to moderate this forum and more important assist with issues that are raised.

My frustration boiled over slightly leading me to be abusive towards EUKHost.

my apologies
    wheresmycar.co.uk - Ever wondered where your old car is?

Hello Alistair,

No apology is expected , We all say things in heat of moment which we really don’t mean.

In a professional environment we all have right to put in our views and you were doing just that.

I hope all your issues have been addressed and resolved!
    If you still have any outstanding issues let me know, or you may update your support ticket
    Chris White
    (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Hello Alistair,

I agree with Chris, which is why I requested your ban to be lifted. While we are not implying abusive behaviour is permitted or acceptable in general, we have to be professional about this and customer loyalty and satisfaction is including allowing our customers to express their opinions about us on our forum. It's of a paramount importance to our business, both ethically and professionally. Your thread was put under moderation because of the post you made, but I consider it censorship even though the intention of putting it under moderation was for obvious reasons. I spoke with a senior executive about this and he agreed and gave me permission to unban and make the thread visible for the same reason.

Thank you for your apology. As Chris has said, let us know via your support ticket if there are any outstanding issues.

Kind regards,
      Ben Stones.

Comment

I have added two new tickets, one is a question about how something works, not important, but the other one relates to the fact that my sites wont send emails again. Yesterday I was getting errors when trying to send emails, and I was advised that this was because you had changed to authenticated emails ...understandable, and I changed my code to accommodate that and everything was working. Now, none of my sites are sending emails and I'm getting the error again..so..assuming that something else has changed?

this is the thing that annoys me a bit...you make changes but don't tell anyone about them and it causes issues that I only find out about when people complain that the site isn't working.

Comment

Hello Alistair,

I can confirm that no settings have been changed on the server, but still I will check the tickets for you.

I will update you on your tickets once investigated.
          Chris White
          (Former eUK Employee)

UK's premier web hosting company.

Comment

Hi Alistair,

Please accept my sincere apology for the trouble you had in last few days. I got to know the entire story from Ben and felt sorry for the trouble we created for you.

I've instructed all the key members from our side to avoid repeat of such incidence on this forum. We've managed to reach so far only due to the criticism we've had from the customers. We cannot improve our service level without any feedback from our customers.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Don't know if this is the same issue for you, but my pc, phone, laptop and tablet all stopped sending emails this week, despite all sending fine for many months. I checked the email settings in cpanel and found the smtp port had been changed to 25 from 26. I changed all settings in all my mail programmes, and I am able to send again. Don't know why the ports changed, but they did!
              Holiday Almeria rental apartment
              Marksfish

Comment

I have been informed that webmail address books have also been deleted..is there anyway of getting those back?

Comment

just keeping others up to date

the issue is not with the email....the issue is caused by a long standing bug in plesk that reset site permissions when you make changes to your site (ftp etc). This means that the site falls over whenever you try to do a DB updae bcause everything becomes read only (I really wish they would fix that).

I would have found it sooner, but since the migration, error information appears to be turned off on the webserver and so no details are passed back...I would really like that fixed too.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted-pixe View Post
                    just keeping others up to date

the issue is not with the email....the issue is caused by a long standing bug in plesk that reset site permissions when you make changes to your site (ftp etc). This means that the site falls over whenever you try to do a DB updae bcause everything becomes read only (I really wish they would fix that).

I would have found it sooner, but since the migration, error information appears to be turned off on the webserver and so no details are passed back...I would really like that fixed too.
                    Interesting. My site's permissions had changed after I changed my FTP password on my Windows VM which caused the site to fail as well.

Comment

yup, that's the plesk bug. it's quite annoying

Comment

Originally posted by twisted-pixe View Post
                        I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to both the users of this forum, and the EUKHost staff that are both here to moderate this forum and more important assist with issues that are raised.

My frustration boiled over slightly leading me to be abusive towards EUKHost.

my apologies
                        I responded to you in your other thread.

Just to say that I can understand how frustrating things can get, especially when you can't see the reason or solution for the problem and its having an impact on you, and staff can't respond in an instant and fix it.

Hope you've managed to rectify the problems now and, from being with eUK for over 6 years, I can say that the staff will always be willing to help in any way they can (as we, fellow customers will as well!).

Like I said, hope you've managed to get the issues resolved now .
                        David Smith
                        Managing Director
                        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                        X