Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

    How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

    While creating a domain in plesk control panel you need to select use domain forwarding in hosting type (Redirect visitors to another website) and enter the domain name where you want to redirect the website.

  • #2
    Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

    Originally posted by Aidan B View Post
    How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

    While creating a domain in plesk control panel you need to select use domain forwarding in hosting type (Redirect visitors to another website) and enter the domain name where you want to redirect the website.
    In addition to details given by Aidan, we have two sub-options :
    * Standard Forwarding [Website is redirected, visitor is aware of the redirection as the URL changes in the address bar]
    * Frame forwarding [website is redirected but visitor is not aware of the re-direction as the URL doesnt changes in the address bar]
    Taking over the rest..!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

      Originally posted by noobdroid View Post
      * Standard Forwarding [Website is redirected, visitor is aware of the redirection as the URL changes in the address bar]
      * Frame forwarding [website is redirected but visitor is not aware of the re-direction as the URL doesnt changes in the address bar]
      Thanks for Sharing this noobdroid. Could you please tell me which Redirection is most useful ,more effective & How?

      Thanks in Advance.



      Regards,
      Tech Hunter

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

        [QUOTE=Tech Hunter;107483] Could you please tell me which Redirection is most useful ,more effective & How?



        Hey Noobdroid,


        I have also here my friend. Could you please help me with this?

        Thanks.

        Popeye

        The Sailor Man

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

          Well it totally depends on ones choice, if you want to let visitor know about the redirection then go for standard redirection. If you want it to keep it hidden from the user then go for frame forwarding.

          Originally posted by Tech Hunter View Post
          Thanks for Sharing this noobdroid. Could you please tell me which Redirection is most useful ,more effective & How?
          Thanks in Advance.
          Regards,
          Tech Hunter
          [QUOTE=Popeye;107577]
          Originally posted by Tech Hunter View Post
          Could you please tell me which Redirection is most useful ,more effective & How?
          Hey Noobdroid,
          I have also here my friend. Could you please help me with this?
          Thanks.
          Popeye
          The Sailor Man
          Taking over the rest..!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

            Hey noobdroid,

            Thanks for the clarification. I surely test both of them for my domain.

            Once again thanks



            Regards,
            Popeye
            The Sailor Man

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

              Originally posted by Popeye View Post
              Hey noobdroid,

              Thanks for the clarification. I surely test both of them for my domain.

              Once again thanks



              Regards,
              Popeye
              The Sailor Man
              I agree, I think it's very easy you just go to the plesk control panel and select that domain which you want to redirect and also enter the domain name you want to redirect the website.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

                Adding small bit of information to it, plesk control panel redirection option won't be available if you have sub-domains created under the domain to be redirected.

                But redirection option is available for sub-domain.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

                  Hello there,
                  On Plesk 11.5, under the sub-domains I can see there is also an option to forward the sub-domains and also an option for frame forwarding. Can someone please confirm if it works and how?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

                    Hello Fuzone,

                    Yes, we can set the forwarding for the sub-domains as well on Plesk 11.5 below given are the steps to set the redirection:

                    First login to your Plesk 11.5 Panel-
                    Click on the domain from the side panel-
                    Search for the sub-domain on which redirection neesds to be set-
                    click on it and then on the next page you will need to click hosting settings (Which is next to your sub-domain)-
                    Look out for ::Hosting type and click "Change"-
                    You will be prompted with 3 options ::
                    1) Website Hosting 2) Forwarding 3) No web hosting.
                    Now as we need to redirect the sub-domain you will need to click and select the 2nd option "Forwarding"-
                    Under the Forwarding settings :: Type in the destination address (Url of the target website)-
                    Then click "Okay"-
                    This is how we can set the forwarding and re-direct the sub-domains as well.

                    Please feel free to initiate the chat from our website into our technical support department if an instant assistance needed on the same..

                    Best Regards,
                    Rossie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How to redirect a domain in Plesk control panel.

                      Originally posted by Rossi View Post
                      Hello Fuzone,

                      Yes, we can set the forwarding for the sub-domains as well on Plesk 11.5 below given are the steps to set the redirection:

                      First login to your Plesk 11.5 Panel-
                      Click on the domain from the side panel-
                      Search for the sub-domain on which redirection neesds to be set-
                      click on it and then on the next page you will need to click hosting settings (Which is next to your sub-domain)-
                      Look out for ::Hosting type and click "Change"-
                      You will be prompted with 3 options ::
                      1) Website Hosting 2) Forwarding 3) No web hosting.
                      Now as we need to redirect the sub-domain you will need to click and select the 2nd option "Forwarding"-
                      Under the Forwarding settings :: Type in the destination address (Url of the target website)-
                      Then click "Okay"-
                      This is how we can set the forwarding and re-direct the sub-domains as well.

                      Please feel free to initiate the chat from our website into our technical support department if an instant assistance needed on the same..

                      Best Regards,
                      Rossie
                      Will this method work for frame forwarding as well where domain in the address bar remain same?

                      Comment

                      ban-img
                      Working...
                      X