Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL help

Hello ,

Can someone tell me what is ssl and how does it work for a domain? also can i use ssl for email's ? if yes then how ?

Regards,
    Ivan_T

Re: SSL help

Hello,

SSL is short for Secure Socket Layer and is a protocol for encrypting communications over the Internet. SSL certificates provide a way to ensure encrypted communications over a network are secure. An SSL certificate verifies the validity and authenticity of a secure connection to a website or server because an SSL certificate would be issued by a Certificate Authority. Without SSL certificates and certificate authorities, there wouldn't be any guarantee that the secure connection is really secure and is not being tampered with in between.

When you set up an SSL certificate which is issued by a Certificate Authority such as GlobalSign, the Web browser will trust that the connection (https://) on your website (e.g. client area) is an encrypted connection which is secure and exists between your website and the visitor only.

You can also send and receive e-mails over SSL. When you set up your existing e-mail account in the e-mail client of your choice, you can choose whether to have a secure (SSL) connection or not for when your e-mail client retrieves and sends e-mail over the server.

If you'd like to read more about how SSL works, please see our SSL certificates page.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Can I use SSL for mails as well? Is It possible to set SSL for mail domains? If "Yes" then how it works?

Thanks in Advance.

Tech Hunter
      [email protected] Lo0king for s0mething

Comment

Hi Every One,

Just registered with the Forums.While searching I found numerous threads of every issues & their resolutions.This is mighty & bulky container of Information.
        Thank You All for sharing. Surely my sharing will you see soon

Regards,
        Popeye

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Hunter View Post
          Hello,

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Can I use SSL for mails as well? Is It possible to set SSL for mail domains? If "Yes" then how it works?

Thanks in Advance.

Tech Hunter
          [email protected] Lo0king for s0mething
          Yes, you can use/setup an SSL for your domain & for the mail server too. But are you going to use the same SSL certificate for the mail server too?
          Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
            Hi Every One,

Just registered with the Forums.While searching I found numerous threads of every issues & their resolutions.This is mighty & bulky container of Information.
            Thank You All for sharing. Surely my sharing will you see soon

Regards,
            Popeye

Welcome to the forums Popeye. I hope you enjoy your stay here!
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X