SmarterMail Spam filter marks all incoming mail as spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SmarterMail Spam filter marks all incoming mail as spam

And as surely and certainly as night follows day - first response from eukhost "We haven't changed anything".

Honestly, it's like some bizarre broken record. Every single time there's an issue, Eukhost's first response is flat denial.

Then we have to go through the whole painfully excruciating process of escalation and investigation until somebody discovers that something has, in fact, being changed server-side. Then there's the abject apologies and the assurances that it will never happen again because procedures have been put in place...
    And six months later it's rinse and repeat.

I have a feeling that this will be my last year with eukhost.

Comment

Rather than keep going round in circles with eukhost "support" I've decided to start repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall.
      I think that approach will get me further than having to go over the same ground again and again.

Well, at least I have a New Year's resolution! - Find another provider.

Comment

And still no progress.
        There isn't going to be any solution until eukhost moves from its denial stage.

Still the insistence that nothing has changed on the server, so it's my fault:

"It is only your customized settings which are getting changed."

I am the only admin for my domains. I have not changed anything.
        Legitimate emails have recently started to be flagged as spam by a Custom Rule called 'Spamm Filter'.
        Spamm (sic) Filter is applying spam weights of 60 to previously legitimate email.
        I have no access to change the settings for the Custom Rule called Spamm (sic) Filter.

I am reminded that Monty Python are getting back together!

Comment

Hello Nigel,

We have replied to your ticket regarding this issue. Further request you to please refer the same.

Regards,
          Henry Davidson
          Support department.

Comment

I have responded to the ticket in which you now admit that in fact YOU HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING ON THE SERVER.

Honestly, eukhost is like dealing with children - You deny doing anything, repeatedly, and then when you're eventually caught out you quietly backtrack. No apology this time, I note.

Unlike most children though, you never seem the learn from your mistakes and I end up having to go through the whole charade every time you change something.

I know it's Christmas and 'oh yes you did', 'Oh no we didn't' is quite seasonal, but eukhost run this pantomime all year round.

Comment

'As also reported in previous ticket, there are NO changes being made on SPAM filter settings of the server. It is only your customized settings which are getting changed.' - eukhost support

'The "Custom Rules - Spamm Filter" were recently implemented on the server for further increasing security for reducing spams. This filter was enabled for both incoming and outgoing emails.' - eukhost support

Anyone else see the contradiction here?

Or am I misunderstanding the phrase 'there are NO changes...made on the server' and 'custom rules... were recently implemented on the server'

I give up.

Comment

And just to add insult to injury, the latest response to my support ticket on this issue consists solely of an attempt to upsell to a VPS, with the usual promise that any such transfer would result in no downtime.

LMAO!

Hint to eukhost sales: The time to try and persuade customers to upgrade services is when things are going well, not when you're contradicting yourselves with responses and making a mess by changing settings on a whim.

Also, before promising ANYTHING it might be a good idea to look back at old support tickets in which previous such promises to the same customer weren't kept. This may give you at least some idea as to why I would only consider upgrading with eukhost when Beezlebub straps on his ice skates for a turn on the ice rink.

Comment

And so we return to the beginning. The latest response from eukhost reverts to the default denial mode, even though support had already admitted they'd made a change:

"there were no changes made from our end under spam filter settings."

Which, to my mind directly contradicts what was said earlier:

"'The "Custom Rules - Spamm Filter" were recently implemented on the server..."

Comment

Well, we've finally, finally reached a resoulution.
                    In summary,

Me: My mail has recently started being flagged as spam - like it did when someone at eukhost changed a setting on the server in May this year.
                    eukhost: No, we have made no changes.
                    Me: Yes, I think you did.
                    eukhost: No, we didn't. You're using your own custom settings. Here's a screenshot.
                    Me: Thanks, but there's a filter that I don't have access to that's flagging most of my emails as spam (but ironically ignoring blatantly real spam).
                    eukhost: No, we didn't make any changes. You make the changes - here's another screenshot of your settings.
                    Me: But you did make a change to the server.
                    eukhost: No we didn't.
                    Me: Here's a header, showing an email that was legitimate last week, but is now being flagged with a high spam weight.
                    eukhost: Ah, yes - we recently implemented a spam filter (we called it spamm filter) to protect all our clients from spam.
                    Me: But you insisted that you had made no changes on the server?
                    eukhost: We didn't make any changes on the server.
                    Me: Yes you did.
                    eukhost: Yes we did - How about buying a VPS, then you can have full control over your domains?
                    Me: But you said you hadn't made any changes?
                    eukhost: No we didn't. Here's how you can change your own spam settings.
                    Me: I'd like to complain about the misinformation you keep giving me. You've repeatedly denied making changes, then you admit them, then you go back to denial. This isn't good customer service.
                    eukhost: We made these changes to protect all our customers. If you don't like it then you can buy a more expensive package from us, or move to another provider.
                    Me: But you keep saying that you made no changes, then you do! My complaint relates to the fact that you keep denying changes you've made....

Six or seven years I've been with eukhost, and it's the same story over and over again.
                    Definitely time to go I think. I may well go for a dedicated server option - but not with eukhost - because: it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X