Why would I want to "share" hosting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would I want to "share" hosting?

I am really new to operating a website. I am considering purchasing a website that is currently in operation. I was told that I would need to find hosting for it. What is "shared" hosting, as compared to other hosting?

Re: Why would I want to "share" hosting?

Unlike VPS and Dedicated servers, shared hosting is shared by a number of users.
    These packages have no dedicated resources, the RAM disk space, speed etc is shared by all the accounts sitting on this shared server.

If your website is small a shared package is worth, howbeit if the website is heavy or to host multiple websites a VPS or dedicated server is worth looking at.

Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
      Unlike VPS and Dedicated servers, shared hosting is shared by a number of users.
      These packages have no dedicated resources, the RAM disk space, speed etc is shared by all the accounts sitting on this shared server.

If your website is small a shared package is worth, howbeit if the website is heavy or to host multiple websites a VPS or dedicated server is worth looking at.

Bud
      Great! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying. I suppose if you are just starting a website you can try using shared hosting until you think you need more space. Or until the others get mad at you for using more than your fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
        Great! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying. I suppose if you are just starting a website you can try using shared hosting until you think you need more space. Or until the others get mad at you for using more than your fair share.
        Yes, good to know that you atleast know how shared platform works; so you won't violate the shared environment norms :P

Comment

When you start you are better off with shared hosting. You can easily have a few small to medium sites using shared hosting. Once you have larger sites with lots of images and videos you can think of using dedicated hosting.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Martina

Comment

Shared hosting with a company like Eukhost is safe and economical. It will not be unsafe in anyway because of the excellent monitoring by the staff here and you will be able to take care of your websites really well.

Comment

I agree with you all, Shared hosting is economically best and safest way to startup your site and yes we care for all our customers equally, no matter which package you have with us, its always our priority to keep the customers satisfied and resolve their issues without any delay and our exuberant support team is best in it.

Comment

They both have advantages and disadvantages, it's really depends on what's your purpose

Comment

If you are starting something new, then shared hosting is recommended. You can save money offering unlimited resources meeting all of your basic requirements. Once you feel that the traffic is increasing and you need more resources then you can shift to VPS hosting. For the starters, shared hosting is the best as it is affordable.

Comment

Hello,

Our Shared Hosting packages comes with Once click installation packages, where you can install various CMS like WordPress and Magento etc in just one click. WordPress Is best for Bloggers and small Websites.

Please click Here for our Shared hosting packages.

Regards,
                      Cyril Clive

Comment

ban-img
                      Working...
                      X