Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a disadvantage with shared hosting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a disadvantage with shared hosting?

I get asked a lot about whether there are any disadvantages to shared hosting and my answer is that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages if you are starting out. The only thing I can think of is the fact(as the term suggests) that you will be sharing the hosting with other website owners. But then it hardly makes a difference for you if you are using less resources with a new website.

Re: Is there a disadvantage with shared hosting?

That is good to know since I am on my way to purchase shared hosting with Eukhost. They have some really good plans and I am very happy with the fact that there are so many positive reviews of the support that they provide.

Comment

If you have a large website which uses up a lot of resources then it may be an issue since there will be others who use the same server and your website may become slow. But usually it gets balanced since others who are sharing the same hosting have small websites so the server never faces an overload.

Comment

I think a vast majority of website owners use shared hosting and are very happy using it. However, nothing stops you from choosing dedicated hosting especially with Eukhost which will give you value for money. Either way you will be happy with this company since they have amazing support.

Comment

Hello Martina,

You can also consider shared hosting package with a dedicated IP for higher stability, quick access to website, email sender's reputation, business identity, browser compatibility and it is also required for some third party applications.

Regards,
          Fred Adkins

Comment

Shared hosting is beneficial for smaller business. However, if your website is for download then I wouldn't suggest going with shared hosting. Furthermore, I just recently moved my eStore from a shared hosting service. It seemed like my client's were happy with the time it took to checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by Martina View Post
              I get asked a lot about whether there are any disadvantages to shared hosting and my answer is that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages if you are starting out. The only thing I can think of is the fact(as the term suggests) that you will be sharing the hosting with other website owners. But then it hardly makes a difference for you if you are using less resources with a new website.
              I am also curious about this. I am not sure if I should go with a dedicated hosting company or a shared hosting company. I also don't know if I should add a website server to my network or not.

Comment

Shared hosting is a good way to start web hosting for your website and later website owner can upgrade to VPS or dedicated server for more resources and control over server. The only thing with shared server is that a website has to share server space with other websites, but for a quick start it is worth to spend on shared servers.

Comment

I guess the major difference is the cost of shared hosting packages, because the server is shared by multiple client's, you can get enough space to host a small to medium size website at very low costs. but if you think that your website needs more resources than a shared server but a dedicated server is over budget for you, you can think of a VPS (Virtual Private Server.) I love VPS's because it does not cost you as much as a dedicated server but provides you the same kind of environment, it gives you fixed resources (not shared) with a dedicated IP address.

VPS

Regards,
                  Cyril Clive

Comment

Everything has its own pros and cons just like every coin has two sides. One thing can be beneficial for someone but that same thing will not be beneficial to the other person. It all depends upon your requirements and how you can achieve maximum out of it. Shared hosting is beneficial for beginners and for people who want to cut down their costs. While on the other hand, it is not beneficial for large organizations as they don't get enough resources for efficient functioning.

Comment

ban-img
                    Working...
                    X