Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain transfer from ENOM to namecheap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Domain transfer from ENOM to namecheap

    I have existing domain registered through ENOM ( old registrar name) by my web hosting provider (A). I plan to switch to new web hosting provider (B).

    Which one is better option if I intend to sell my website in future (probably next year)? What are the pros and cons for 1 or 2 or 3:
    1) retain domain registration with A, but host my website with B
    2) move both domain registration and web hosting to B
    3) transfer domain registration to namecheap.com, but host my website with B.

    Another puzzle is : which one is higher in domain registration hierarchy : ENOM or namecheap.com? If namecheap.com is just ENOM's reseller, then it is meaningless to transfer from ENOM to namecheap.com, right?

    another question: currently the status from ENOM: clientTransferProhibited. If I need to unlock it and allow domain transfer, should I contact ENOM or my existing web hosting provider (A)?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by lapunluyang View Post
    I have existing domain registered through ENOM ( old registrar name) by my web hosting provider (A). I plan to switch to new web hosting provider (B).

    Which one is better option if I intend to sell my website in future (probably next year)? What are the pros and cons for 1 or 2 or 3:
    1) retain domain registration with A, but host my website with B
    2) move both domain registration and web hosting to B
    3) transfer domain registration to namecheap.com, but host my website with B.
    It is always convenient to keep hosting and domain registration under a single roof. So, I would stress on choosing the (2) option.

    Originally posted by lapunluyang View Post
    Another puzzle is : which one is higher in domain registration hierarchy : ENOM or namecheap.com? If namecheap.com is just ENOM's reseller, then it is meaningless to transfer from ENOM to namecheap.com, right?
    That's absolutely correct. NameCheap is a reseller of eNom. Moreover, eNom undoubtedly ranks higher in the hierarchy. FYI. it ranks second in the list of Worlds Domain Registrars.

    Originally posted by lapunluyang View Post
    another question: currently the status from ENOM: clientTransferProhibited. If I need to unlock it and allow domain transfer, should I contact ENOM or my existing web hosting provider (A)?

    Thanks
    You can go either ways. Either contact your web hosting provider who has registered the domain for you or incase you have registered the domain with eNom directly, then you are required to get in touch with them. But, TBH. you are not required to contact any of them for this issue. You might be provided with the Domain Control panel at the time when the domain was registered. You can simply get the domain unlocked from there by your own. Since you are thinking about transferring the domain, you'd require the EPP Code as well, which can be found in the domain control panel.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you are planning to sell the website next year, this is the right time to get the domain transferred as you may not want to tell the customer that the domain is registered with some other domain registrar and is hosted with some other hosting provider as this will automatically create a negative impression on the customer. Also, if you transfer the domain, the domain will be renewed automatically.

      Comment

      Working...
      X