How to choose the best domain name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose the best domain name?

Is any expert of domain name here help me make clear the question "How to choose the best domain name?"? At first, I just think that domain name must reflect what our site about. Besides, it has to be easy to remember. Anyway, it us just a name, and what is important is what will we do after we have a domain name. But my friend said I don't have enough knowledge about that. I know that I need to learn more. So, could you please help me to make clear the point. Thanks a lot!

The suggestions given by your friend are absolutely correct. A domain name is your identity over the world wide web, and its upto you how you want yourself to be known.

A domain name must be such that it represents the content or the purpose of the website. for example : If you have a website that sells motorcycle accessories, you may choose a domain such as motorcycleparts.com , while if you offer just an information about it, you may choose a domain such as motorcycleknowledgebase.com or motorcyclefaqs.com . Moreover if you have a review site you can choose motorcyclereviews.com

You might want to visit the following discussion to get more information regarding the same :

How to Choose the Right Domain Name

Comment

A website is known as the face of your business, hence the domain name you choose should be easy to remember. Despite the fact that all the catchy and short domain names have already been taken by other webmasters, still if you search a little bit you could find some good and keyword rich domain names for your business website. You can use the "InstantDomainSearch" tool to find the best domain name or you can mention your niche and we can suggest you some effective domain names.

Comment

If you already have a name for your business, use that. Just hope that no-one has already taken it, otherwise you will have to get creative with the spelling to try to find a way to keep it under that name.

Comment

I generally try to choose a domain name that is rich in keywords that describe my business. This will indirectly help increase my visitors as Search Engines will display search result entries that are part of the domain name. While the inclusion of keywords can create a slightly longer domain name, the Search Engine Optimization benefits are worth it.

Short domains are not always easier to remember. For example, the human mind will better remember EconomicallyPricedSecondHandCars.com than EPSHC.com

Comment

Re: How to choose the best domain name?

It should refer to your company's name and should be short

Comment

It’s always better to put your company name to your domain name because it will be identified by your customers easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Basshunter View Post
                It’s always better to put your company name to your domain name because it will be identified by your customers easily.
                That's absolutely correct, but with the rapidly shrinking pool of domain names, I don't think if it'd be always possible to have the companies name in the domain name. Instead, one can look for a domain which can closely relate to the brand name ATLEAST!
                | |
                Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  That's absolutely correct, but with the rapidly shrinking pool of domain names, I don't think if it'd be always possible to have the companies name in the domain name. Instead, one can look for a domain which can closely relate to the brand name ATLEAST!
                  Agreed. Get the one that best describes your brand or business. And make sure you have all the major tld's so your competitor does not take advantage of you.
                  eUKhost Ltd.: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Build a Website
                  Join our Affiliate program for free and earn up to 400 per sale!
                  "A DECADE OF EXCELLENT SUPPORT"

Comment

It is important to have a short and an impressive domain name that perfectly defines your business and that can be easily remembered by people. Also, selecting the right domain name extension is also important. For instance, if you are operating in the UK market; then you can opt for a .co.uk domain name extension for a better visibility. To be on a safer side, you can purchase multiple domain name extensions and redirect them to your main website so that you have an edge over the competition.

Comment

Getting a domain name that can be confused with any of the existing and popular websites might result in a disaster. It is extremely important to create your unique identity through the domain name. Preferably, stay away from the domains that are hyphenated, plural or misspelled versions of the domain names that are already in existence. This will prove beneficial in the long run.

Comment

it's nice,thanks for your post

Comment

Originally posted by aoaiseqw View Post
                          Is any expert of domain name here help me make clear the question "How to choose the best domain name?"? At first, I just think that domain name must reflect what our site about. Besides, it has to be easy to remember. Anyway, it us just a name, and what is important is what will we do after we have a domain name. But my friend said I don't have enough knowledge about that. I know that I need to learn more. So, could you please help me to make clear the point. Thanks a lot!
                          These points consider while choosing your domain.
                          1. choose our domain name in .com extension. It is the best.
                          2. choose simple that people can easily remember and identify our website.
                          3. choose our domain name relevant to your website content.
                          4. Avoid hyphens or numbers

Comment

.com domains are more preferred. Make the name as short as possible, and make it easy to remember.

Comment

The best thing in domain name is that it should be in .com, because .com has much value and importance and it should be easy to remember. So i suggest that it should be simple and attractive and easy to remember.
                              Nathocot

Comment

Working...
                              X