How to choose the best domain name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to choose the best domain name?

Choose Available.com Domain and if you are looking for a domain name for a business then it is even more important to choose a .com for your domain name because of the credibility boost that a .com domain name brings.

Go for a short and simple name which is easy to remember.

Avoid Hyphens, Acronyms and Numbers while registering a domain name.

Ensure that the name is not a registered Trademark.

Comment

Short and simple name for a domain and ensuring the name is not trademarked makes sense. The rest of things IMO are meaningless. It’s 2014, not 1999.

Comment

And with the introduction of numerous new TLDs in the recent past, which are targeted towards nearly every industry type, finding a short and simple name matched to your niche isn't a difficult ask nowadays.

As rightly mentioned above, we are in 2014 and not in 1999, people have started to look beyond .com for domains of their choice.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

A good domain name can be chosen after your business, brand, unique or personal name. It may be based on keywords so that it could donate your business/services/brand. It should be meaningful without special characters and number so that it could be remembered easily.

Comment

@Kelly8

Why you think that having a number in a domain name would be hard to remember? Have you ever seen bet365.com? Quite popular website on the internet and yes, it has numbers. In addition, v7n.com is also a good example.

Comment

I usually stay away from numerals but in some cases if it gives a meaning to the domain name then I don't think it's a bad thing to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by aoaiseqw View Post
                Is any expert of domain name here help me make clear the question "How to choose the best domain name?"? At first, I just think that domain name must reflect what our site about. Besides, it has to be easy to remember. Anyway, it us just a name, and what is important is what will we do after we have a domain name. But my friend said I don't have enough knowledge about that. I know that I need to learn more. So, could you please help me to make clear the point. Thanks a lot!
                I think your domain name should be related to your keyword or service related keywords.

Comment

Choosing a domain name is extremely important as it plays an important role for your business. Pickup a .com domain TLD unless it's a government website however it may be difficult to get what you have searched for because .com domain is the most popular and best selling domain Tld. You can also choose any other top-level domain or domain based on your country like .co.uk, .uk, .us, .eu, .de, etc...

Always try to find a domain name which is short and simple, easy to understand and remember. Make sure that you choose a domain name that catches attention because it makes a huge difference for your online business. I agree that number in a domain often creates confusion however it depends as there are some popular websites which have numbers (digits) in their domain name. If you find a good domain name with extension .com, make sure that you register several other domain extensions for the same domain because in future when you get good ranking and popularity for your domain that time anyone can purchase your domain with other extensions which may affect your business. Your domain should be related to your business/brand so be creative while choosing a domain

Comment

While choosing best domain name you have to remember these things:

1. Keep the domain name short
                    2. Target your business area
                    3. Don't use numbers and hyphens in the domain name
                    4. Make shure to choose Appropriate Domain Name Extension
                    5. Share your domain with friends to make sure it sounds best

Comment

If you can think of the best way to describe the search times someone would use to search for your site, you should try to make that your domain name. Unfortunately, the best ones are usually already taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X