Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshie
    replied
    Make sure it is not going to be renewed automatically. I have been in situations where my domain auto-renewed, without having to set that up. Only that it was mentioned in terms that after expiration, they will renew my domain. Heh.

Leave a comment:

• Newfloridian
    replied
    Domain expiration: do I need to do anything at the EUKhost end?

I registered a domain name a couple of years ago which relates to a subset of my web site. This has hardly been used and so I am going to let it lapse at the end of next month (November). The subset can still be accessed through the main web site address which will not change.

So I need to do anything with my EUKhost setup (cPanel) etc to mirror the lapse of the subsidiary domain name?

Cheers Alan

Leave a comment:

• Marksfish
    replied
    So why provide tools from within the control panel to renew/ expire if it is not of any use? The reason I did it this way is a) I have proof of the cancellation via a screen shot and b) I will not pay revenue generating telephone numbers (sayno had no alternative).

Leave a comment:

• AustinK47
    replied
    Sometimes it may happen that a domain renewal invoice is created and gets paid automatically with the credit available in your account. To avoid this from happening, either you send an email or find a way to call them and speak to someone in advance about your wish to allow the domain to expire.

Even after that if the registrar still renews your domain then I must say what a shoddy place is that to do business with.

Leave a comment:

• Francis K
    replied
    In order to avoid such instances, I will suggest that it is always better to contact your registrar and inform regarding the cancellation of the domain name in advance before the renewal due date.:smile:

Leave a comment:

• Marksfish
    replied
    Not always as simple as it sounds. I marked a domain of mine as "allow to expire" with my registrar from within their cpanel, 2 weeks before it was due to expire. They still renewed it, charged for it and won't refund. Having to get the money back via a credit card charge bck

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Aaron Phillips
    replied
    In order to prevent from receiving the invoice payment reminders, I suggest that you please approach your domain provider on domain expiry date, so that they can cancel the domain and invoice for the same in client panel.

Leave a comment:

• MattBarthorp
    replied
    It'd get expired automatically, it isn't necessary to inform the registrar about it.

Since as it seems that you are about to leave the domain, why don't you try & resell the domain to someone else ? You should be able to earn a good amount depending on the age and few other factors such as backlinks, PR etc. You should be able to find a good deal. Well if you don't then let it expire on its own.

You might want to check this : Domain Life Cycle

Leave a comment:

• Ben Stones
    replied
    As long as the domain isn't set to "auto-renew" it's fine to simply let it expire.

Leave a comment:

• Hostfinder
    started a topic Letting a domain expire

Letting a domain expire

Is there any action I should take if I decided not to renew my domain? Should I inform the registrar about it, or can I just let it expire by itself?
Working...
X