Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is domain name privacy?

Hello,
    Can you guys help to let me know, what is domain name privacy? How is it beneficial if I register a new domain name?

Originally posted by Aaron Martin View Post
    Hello,
    Can you guys help to let me know, what is domain name privacy? How is it beneficial if I register a new domain name?

Since cybercrimes are growing, any hacker can obtain your web hosting account and your domain name registration details. With this, he/she can easily control your domain name and redirect your website traffic to his/her website and he/she also access your emails.
    To avoid this domain name privacy is needed. Here I have explained some important reasons for the need of domain name privacy:

Personal Data Protection:
    Identity theft online is one of the most important problems today. So, domain privacy helps in securing your secret data such as bank details, phone numbers and information shared on social media platforms should be secure.

Restrict Unwanted Solicitations:
    When you register a domain you with all the information, you give an open invitation for the telemarketers, salespeople and spammers. The domain name privacy helps in reducing these unwanted solicitations.

Email Address Security:
    While selecting the domain name privacy, your registrar generates a unique email address that can be used rather than your original email address in the WHOIS report. So, this helps in receiving unwanted emails from spammers.

Stop Domain Name Hijacking:
    Today, many domain name registrars secure domain transfers by default after receiving. Therefore, it is forever better to get the domain name privacy and hide your personal information from spammers and hackers.

Comment

While registering a domain name, your personal details are stored in a publicly accessible database called WHOIS. Domain privacy protection is basically an ‘add on’ assistance. It'll help you to protect your personal data and keep it protected from the rest of the world.
      It is a very useful service for those who are just purchasing the domain names for future use.

Comment

Originally posted by Robyn Jones View Post

Since cybercrimes are growing, any hacker can obtain your web hosting account and your domain name registration details. With this, he/she can easily control your domain name and redirect your website traffic to his/her website and he/she also access your emails.
        To avoid this domain name privacy is needed. Here I have explained some important reasons for the need of domain name privacy:

Personal Data Protection:
        Identity theft online is one of the most important problems today. So, domain privacy helps in securing your secret data such as bank details, phone numbers and information shared on social media platforms should be secure.

Restrict Unwanted Solicitations:
        When you register a domain you with all the information, you give an open invitation for the telemarketers, salespeople and spammers. The domain name privacy helps in reducing these unwanted solicitations.

Email Address Security:
        While selecting the domain name privacy, your registrar generates a unique email address that can be used rather than your original email address in the WHOIS report. So, this helps in receiving unwanted emails from spammers.

Stop Domain Name Hijacking:
        Today, many domain name registrars secure domain transfers by default after receiving. Therefore, it is forever better to get the domain name privacy and hide your personal information from spammers and hackers.
        Thank you, Robyn, for sharing such detailed information about domain name privacy. After reading your post, now I can understand the importance of domain name privacy protection. Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
        X