What is the difference between the domain registrants, domain registrars, and reseller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between the domain registrants, domain registrars, and reseller?

Hello Everyone,
    I want to register a new domain. So, can anyone tell me the difference between domain registrants, domain registrars, and reseller?

Hello Clara,

This is a common doubt in every webmaster's mind, before registering a domain name. Will try to explain in simple terms :
    • 1) Domain registrant: Any person who wants to register a domain name is called a domain registrant. That means, an end customer or client.
    [While buying a domain, you reach out to domain registrars or resellers.]
    • 2) Domain registrar: Registrars are authorised organisations that take responsibility for processing the registration of domain names.
    • 3) Domain resellers: Reseller registers a domain on behalf of registrants, but they don't have a contractual connection with ICANN.

Comment

Hello friends,
      Here I have tried to explain all the three terms in a simple way.
      • The domain registrant means the end-user or customer who wants to register their brand name or domain name for a website.
      • Registrars provide domain name licenses to registrants. Registrars have access to register new domain name registrations and renewals. They have direct access to the domain name registry and they can update registrant contact details in the database.
      • Domain resellers are the whole seller that provides domain name registration services to the public but are not accredited registrars. Resellers buy large numbers of domain extensions and manage domain name records for their clients through an interface.

Comment

Hello friends,

I have also researched a lot about these terms:
        • Domain Registrar - It is a company that has a direct connection with the central registry of a TLD.
        • Domain Reseller - It's a company or a person that buys domains from a domain registrar and sells to its customers.
        • Domain registrants - A person who is willing to register a domain is known as domain registrants. He is basically the end-user or customer.

Comment

Thank you friends.

I am getting some amasing help through these replies, and feel I should say thank you. After reading your answers, now I am able to know the difference between domain registrants, domain registrars, and resellers.

Comment

Working...
          X