Why TLD is important in a Domain name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why TLD is important in a Domain name?

I have bought a TLD but don’t know its importance. Can Anyone will explain why it is so important in a Domain?

Yes, I'm also slightly confused between TLD and URL.

Comment

What exactly is a TLD? URL It is, as far as I am aware, the Internet address.

Comment

Yes. You are right (User3). URL is the internet address. TLD stands for “TOP Level Domain”. TLD is the last name of a domain.
        Some examples of TLDs are:
        1) .com
        2) .org
        3) .gov
        4) .net

Comment

Ok. Is it a part of the name of the domain?

Comment

A top-level domain was created to help classify a characteristic of a website, such as its purpose, owner, or location. Because cars.com and cars.org are not the same, this increased the number of accessible domain names.

Example:
            accuwebhosting - Domain Name
            .com - TLD

The number of TLDs available has grown dramatically in the recent decade. When registering a new domain, classic TLDs are still extremely valuable. It's not a particularly long list, especially when it comes to public possibilities. It's also presumably a list you've seen before.
            • .Com: Commercial (Open to Public)
            • .Org: Organization (Open to Public)
            • .Net: Network organizations (Open to Public)
            • .Gov: U.S. Government
            • .Mil:: Military
            • .Edu: Educational institutions (universities typically)
            Scott Harwood
            AccuWebHosting | Affordable Forex VPS Hosting Provider

Comment

How many TLDs are there?

Comment

According to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), there are 1,514 top-level domains (TLDs) currently in use as of June 2020.

Comment

Hello friends, finding a software developer is not an easy task. Developing costs a lot so it is difficult to hire their services at affordable prices. Similarly, finding a platform from where you can get your essay done at the best prices is also difficult.
                  Last edited by Rsync; 09-08-2022, 12:28.

Comment

What is ICANN?

Comment

I know it’s been a non-profit Organisation in California since 2013.
                      ICANN is in charge of coordinating the domain distribution of unique names and addresses on the internet, as well as the application of new domains.

Comment

Working...
                      X