Domain name with my pen name in it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name with my pen name in it

I was wishing to start an author website with my pen name in the domain. Luckily it is available with a dot com and I have picked it up. The only question I have is whether a person who has a real name like my pen name can take it from me in the future as it is not my real name. I have heard of domain squatting where people snag domain names of famous people but have to give it up later.

Re: Domain name with my pen name in it

Hello Jaque,

Good to know that you've got your desired domain name registered. regarding the question you have, If a domain is registered under your name, you become the owner of that domain so no other person can take it from you. But in some cases, if the domain that you have registered is a trademark of some other company or a name of a famous personality, they might claim it from you, however, there are some rules set by ICANN which everyone should abide to. Please click the below link for more details:-

ICANN

Hope this answers all your questions

Regards,
    Cyril Clive

Comment

It is better to be safe since it is true that if you own a domain name which is not your name it can be counted as squatting. But if you have books to prove that you have a pen name then you will be safe. By the way, good to know that you are an author too!

Comment

I have friend who is an author and she has used the free Blogger for building her website. She has used special templates that are available on the web to make it look like a fantastic site. Of course everyone will know that you are using a free website. If you want to avoid that you can use your own domain name.

Comment

Working...
        X