Domain name buyer scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name buyer scam

I came across this scam online and I thought of telling others about it too. You will usually get a mail which says that someone is interested in buying your domain name for large amount of money. But the only condition is that before they initiate the purchase, you need to get an appraisal done from a service that they will link you to. Once you have completed their appraisal they promise to purchase your domain.

The problem is that once the appraisal done you will never hear from the prospective buyer again!

Re: Domain name buyer scam

Thank you Adele for giving a heads up! In fact, I have such an email where the prospective buyer has promised to buy one of my domains once I have completed the appraisal from a site which is liked in the mail. I have come across this post at the right time.

Comment

This is really interesting but I doubt whether anyone who uses his brains can fall for it. I mean why would a person use an appraisal service that the scammer suggests when it becomes clear that he is using the lure of money to make the person choose that particular appraisal service? Anyone who falls for this scam is not thinking at all.

Comment

There are many such scams online. I get emails from princes from all around the world, from several countries or kingdoms, asking me to come collect my millions that was left for me by some royal member of family when he or she dies. The only catch is the $100 that I must send them in order for them to process some transaction or the other.

Comment

Working...
        X