Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain name registered at 1and1: But want to host here on my account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name registered at 1and1: But want to host here on my account?

Hi,

I have a client who has registered a domain name for their website with 1 and 1.

What's involved in getting it up and running here on my own server package with EUK?.

I recall having to do something like this previously regarding another client who had a domain name with 123 Reg. I assume 1 and 1 will be the same?. I think at that time I needed to log into the 123 Reg control panel and change the nameservers there so they pointed towards EUK's?.

Will this be the same with 1 and 1?. Once that is done, do I just go into my control panel and add it as an addon domain as per usual then it appears in my cPanel?.

I know I should know all this, but it was a while ago I did all this with the 123 Reg customer, and my memory isn't what it used to be.....lol.

Thanks guys.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

If you have Domain Control Panel access ( 1 & 1 ) then please change the Nameservers of your Domain to that of our server so that domain can resolve from our server. You can add the Domain as an addon domain using cPanel details .

Comment

DNS settings,

nsxx.eukxxx.com.
      nsxx.eukxxx.com.

It will take's 12 to 24 hours to propagate world wide, if you still face any problem in updating them feel free to give a call on support number and get this sorted quickly.
      Steven K
      eNlight Hosting

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the quick response folks.

I had a feeling it would be as simple a task as that, it's what I did the last time with 123 Reg. :smile:

Awaiting the login details for the clients 1 and 1 account, will make the changes as you guys have suggested and report back once its done.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Pollock Ross | Highland & Hill Associates | Our Disney Holiday Villa | Smart First Aid Training

Comment

I might be having an old timers moment here, but can't say I fully grasp this addon domain thingy.

I have my domain. carrowroad.net. Plus another one which I will call gordos.net how would the url for gordos be displayed if I used this addon feature ?

Would it come out like a sub domain .

sorry for being slow
          Norwich City F C News Site

Comment

Hello Gordon

If you try adding this from the Addon domain feature through your control panel it will create a separate website for you. Sub domain is will appear like http://abc.example.com hence, gordos.net will act as a deferent website under the same control panel.
            Steven K
            eNlight Hosting

Comment

'Addon domains' feature allows you run several websites from a single hosting account. An Addon domain is a new domain that is added on top of your main domain. It creates a sub directory within your main web hosting directory but can show a different website.
              Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
              Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
              Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Right, funny I have been hosting on here for quite a while, I have seen the addon domain feature but never looked at and to my shame not bothered to find out, until now

Thanks guys.

The Old One is enlightened
                Norwich City F C News Site

Comment

Hi again folks.

Now have the login details for the clients 1 and 1 account. I have had a nose around in there but there appears to be more options available compared to the 123 Reg account I did this before on.

I'm not 100% sure where to look and what changes to make as far as the nameservers go.

Could someone in the know enlighten me?.

Ta.

Comment

Modify the DNS- 1and1.com

Hi,

Once you login to 1&1 Control Panel click "Select Domains" from Settings section.

Now select your domain from the list. Click the arrow next to DNS and select Edit DNS Settings.

If you want to modify the name servers choose My name server from the drop down. Enter the primary and secondary name servers and click OK.

Hope the above information helps

Sales: 0800 862 0380 || Skype: jenniferkent_uk

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
                      Right, funny I have been hosting on here for quite a while, I have seen the addon domain feature but never looked at and to my shame not bothered to find out, until now

Thanks guys.

The Old One is enlightened
                      "Better Late Than Never"

Comment

Thanks jennifer.

How do I know exactly what nameservers to input?.

I assume it is just the ones that are listed under each of my domains within my WHCMS?.

Thanks. :smile:

Comment

Hi,

I will recommend referring the welcome email, that should include the nameserver information for your domains.

If you are still unsure, you may want to contact the billing dept. and get the nameservers for your domain confirmed.

Comment

Hi jennifer.

Thanks, I will go with the ones that are showing up in my WHCMS for my other domains for now but will submit a ticket just to confirm what the nameservers for this particular domain are just to be 100% sure.

Also, I'm assuming it takes a few days to propogate once the changes are made within the 1 and 1 cPanel?.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the DNS propagation process will take at least 24-48 hours to complete.

Comment

Working...
                              X