Domain Transfer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer Problem

Y'all am after a bit of advice on the following domain name conundrum.....

I registered a .org.uk domain with 123-reg for a client a year or so back and after completing the clients site I ordered some web hosting with Lunarpages.

Lunarpages had an offer of a 'free domain for life' on their hosting, so I decided to take them up on the offers and transfer this .org.uk domain across to them. Great I thought, however a few weeks later they contact me saying the offer didn't apply to .uk domains.

Fair enough - I wasn't that bothered as the site, etc worked ok and I (in retrospect) foolishly left things as was.

Fast forward to this year and I'm in the process of moving all my client hosting to eUKHost. The trouble is that this particular .org.uk domain name appears to no mans land.

The WHOIS record shows that TUCOWS-CA is the registrar and current tag holder (that's who Lunarpages use) but when I try and use the automated system or even Lunarpages suppport - both parties indicate/claim that the domain isn't on their system and I need to contact the relevant registrar.

As I bought the domain name with 123-reg, I've gone to them to explain the situation and they simply say "go to your current registrar where the domain is and get them to update the IPS TAG"

Someone please point me in the right direction as it's slowly driving me nuts!
    :: Discount Codes, Voucher Codes and Promotional Codes ::

:: Cheap Vibrators and Sex Toys ::

:: eUKHost Discount Code, eUKHost Voucher Code and eUKHost Promotional Code ::

:: Money Saving Offers and Deals - Netcodes ::

:: Mutterings for the Minority ::

Have you got a Nominet account at all? Well, access to the one for the domain that is.

Comment

I would suggest you to contact Nominet and update the IPS tag to "EUKHOST" provided you will need to verify yourself and prove that you are the owner, also check the expiration date inorder to speed up the procedure can we know the domain ?
      Steven K
      eNlight Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by ddwt View Post
        Y'all am after a bit of advice on the following domain name conundrum.....

I registered a .org.uk domain with 123-reg for a client a year or so back and after completing the clients site I ordered some web hosting with Lunarpages.

Lunarpages had an offer of a 'free domain for life' on their hosting, so I decided to take them up on the offers and transfer this .org.uk domain across to them. Great I thought, however a few weeks later they contact me saying the offer didn't apply to .uk domains.

Fair enough - I wasn't that bothered as the site, etc worked ok and I (in retrospect) foolishly left things as was.

Fast forward to this year and I'm in the process of moving all my client hosting to eUKHost. The trouble is that this particular .org.uk domain name appears to no mans land.

The WHOIS record shows that TUCOWS-CA is the registrar and current tag holder (that's who Lunarpages use) but when I try and use the automated system or even Lunarpages suppport - both parties indicate/claim that the domain isn't on their system and I need to contact the relevant registrar.

As I bought the domain name with 123-reg, I've gone to them to explain the situation and they simply say "go to your current registrar where the domain is and get them to update the IPS TAG"

Someone please point me in the right direction as it's slowly driving me nuts!
        Try to remember the e-mail address you used to sign up, then go to the Nominet website, do a password reset, login, and then contact Nominet. They will be able to do it for you with some Government Identification (Driving license, passport etc) - but there is likely to be a small fee.

Comment

Thanks for the all responses guys :smile:

Yes I do have a Nominet account, but like a twerp (for once) I registered the domain using the clients details with their email address not mine DOH.

Have now dropped Nominet a line, so I'll see what they say and then post an update here should anyone else be faced with a similar problem

Moral of the story is - don't try to cut corners to save a few quid, it isn't always worth the darn hassle grrrrrrrr.
          :: Discount Codes, Voucher Codes and Promotional Codes ::

:: Cheap Vibrators and Sex Toys ::

:: eUKHost Discount Code, eUKHost Voucher Code and eUKHost Promotional Code ::

:: Money Saving Offers and Deals - Netcodes ::

:: Mutterings for the Minority ::

Comment

Originally posted by ddwt View Post
            Thanks for the all responses guys :smile:

Yes I do have a Nominet account, but like a twerp (for once) I registered the domain using the clients details with their email address not mine DOH.

Have now dropped Nominet a line, so I'll see what they say and then post an update here should anyone else be faced with a similar problem

Moral of the story is - don't try to cut corners to save a few quid, it isn't always worth the darn hassle grrrrrrrr.
            Good luck A brick wall is more helpful than Nominet most of the time.

Comment

Nominet are very good if you provide them with all the information they require but if you fail then there would not be any compromise, you will be just ignored unless you fit in all their Terms and Conditions.

So Best Of Luck.
              Martin
              Chief R & D Officer.

- -

Comment

Re: Domain Transfer Problem

Trying to get this set up with Lunarpages. Hopefully, everything will be smooth regarding the install process.
                VPS | Dedicated

Comment

Working...
                X