Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Search Engine Marketing?

Hi,
    In practical, people has become a professional and no one has more time to go to market and visit to shop centers. Nowadays, the concept come to market that makes online goods available to all. But Can anyone say me What is Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
    Is it beneficial for purchasing?

Thanks
    Anjali Jain

Search Engine Marketing or SEM can also be termed as Internet marketing. In this, efforts are taken to increase the visibility of websites over the search engines.

Comment

IMO, SEM is good for those who are not trained in Search Engine Optimization or having no time to do it themselves, it will help them to mitigate the initial barriers to entry.

Comment

@Anjali : The way you have dropped here in this forum is due to Search Engine Marketing efforts of eUKhost I hope you got the importance of SEM !!!
        :hammering:

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          IMO, SEM is good for those who are not trained in Search Engine Optimization or having no time to do it themselves, it will help them to mitigate the initial barriers to entry.
          Sorry, I don't get it. What is search engine marketing then, and what differs it from search engine optimization? If SEM was the other name of internet marketing as Phoenix65 mentioned, I couldn't see how it is related to and "easier" than SEO.

Comment

GWilson, in broad term SEM is combination of both organic Search Engine Optimization and Paid Search Listings including other method of online marketing but most people consider SEM as a part of paid search listing or paid search advertising method of online marketing which focus on ROI (return on investment) instead of organic traffic building for example Adwords like PPC Program, that means you're paying a search engine to add your site to their database immediately, rather than the website will be found by the search engine spiders on its own through organic search listing.

@harry yes, Eukhost is one of the brilliant example of Organic Search Engine Optimization, as per my knowledge, I don't think they are doing paid listing.

Comment

I got good ideas from all of you. its help me to clear my concept regarding SEM & I am thankful to all of you by my core of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                GWilson, in broad term SEM is combination of both organic Search Engine Optimization and Paid Search Listings including other method of online marketing but most people consider SEM as a part of paid search listing or paid search advertising method of online marketing which focus on ROI (return on investment) instead of organic traffic building for example Adwords like PPC Program, that means you're paying a search engine to add your site to their database immediately, rather than the website will be found by the search engine spiders on its own through organic search listing.

@harry yes, Eukhost is one of the brilliant example of Organic Search Engine Optimization, as per my knowledge, I don't think they are doing paid listing.
                I believe there is a better term than Organic Search Engine Optimization (Organic SEO is not so accurate since organic listings are a direct consequence of Search Engine Optimization). Therefore, organic listings is more like it. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

Mu understanding is this, although I'm not an expert:

Internet Marketing (SEM) = Organic SE Listings (result of Search Engine Optimization) + Paid SE Listings

It would be nice if someone can simplify all things like this and correct my equation, if necessary.

Comment

Search engine marketing, or SEM, is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of search engine optimization, paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion. Usage of the term "search engine marketing" has been inconsistent.
                    Josephine
                    Time Attendance, Payroll, HR Software

Comment

Hello Friends...........

Search Engine Marketing is a broad term that describes all of the activities used to promote web sites and thus generate leads and sales from search engines. SEM includes PPC Management, landing page optimization and SEO

Thanks
                      cheap windows hosting

Comment

Originally posted by alevin46 View Post
                        Hello Friends...........

Search Engine Marketing is a broad term that describes all of the activities used to promote web sites and thus generate leads and sales from search engines. SEM includes PPC Management, landing page optimization and Search Engine Optimization

Thanks
                        Now where have I read this before? Nothing against you mate but your answers are not that organic.

What I would like to know is the difference between SEM and SEO. Why do we need to use SEM if we already have SEO in the first place?

Comment

Marketing through Search Engines is Search engine marketing. This mainly comprises PPC and sometimes SEO.

Comment

Sem

Search engine marketing is making your site more and more search engine friendly to drive laser targeted traffic through search engines for specific keywords. It helps sellers to target a niche market.
                            Cheap website hosting india

Comment

What is Search Engine Marketing?

it is part of internet Marketing.

Comment

Working...
                              X