Web Hosting from Your Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Hosting from Your Home

To establish yourself as a true web host, you need a fixed internet protocol (IP) address an address which never changes. This IP address must be local. You must also need a router to start web hosting business from your home. The main advantage is that for each component, you do not need a separate unit.

Another vital thing that you must ask your provider is whether they block ports. Ports are similar to data stream. The port for HTTP (web traffic) is port 80. If your connection provider blocks port, it will disable you to serve web pages on default port.
    Best Hosting Companies | Top Ten Web Hosting
    Web Hosting News & Comparison Tool

Assuming you have a standard internet connection from your home, your upload speed is not going to be suitable for hosting your own web sites. Your upload speed is likely to be about 400k, and so the speed will appear slow to anyone on a 2M or greater internet connection.

Also, if you're expecting any serious amount of traffic, if your ISP includes uploaded data in its limits, you could find yourself with a large bill for data transfer.

40/year is a small price for decent hosting.

Comment

It's always recommended that you choose web hosting services with a professional hosting provider even if you have all the arrangements as hosting your site with a professional hosting provider ensures availability and reliability (if you choose the right hosting provider ). The datacenter of the hosting provider is designed to keep servers on which the sites will be hosted and has all the amenities which servers need to offer best performance which is not possible at your home or office. Also, a web hosting provider can offer support with the hosting services which is indeed necessary.

Comment

RE: Web Hosting from home

Can one become a Web Host using a broadband connection provided by someone like Sky Broadband?

Please advise.

Thanks

Leo
        Bad Credit Mobile Phone Contracts | Compare Mobile Phone Deals | Buy Beauty Products Online

Comment

Originally posted by leo2010 View Post
          Can one become a Web Host using a broadband connection provided by someone like Sky Broadband?
          Depends. Is a Sky BB connection SDSL (as opposed to ADSL) and do you get a static IP address?

Comment

I don't know if I get a static IP but will check with them.

So do I need a Static IP?

Leo
            Bad Credit Mobile Phone Contracts | Compare Mobile Phone Deals | Buy Beauty Products Online

Comment

So do I need a Static IP?
              You could always try using a dynamic DNS service, but for a public facing web site, I wouldn't advise it.

Comment

Re: online PHP scripts!

Hi, you have shared really useful information with us. It has lots of worth for those people who want to start web hosting business. I'm running my own online business successfully with help of guruscript.com it provides me scripts to make easier to my business. I'm very thankful to guruscript.com that caters such kind of great services. Guruscript is also a great resource for those guys who are wondering to start their online business. I hope my info will help to many beginners in online world.

Thanks!
                ---------------------------------------
                guruscript.com

Comment

Please advise.

Thanks

Leo
                  generally ISP service with fixed IP can allow you to host website.
                  Thats what the corporate world has been doing to host their own site from their own building.
                  for sure, the speed is always the concern, because your web server is far away from the ISP grid. There are too many routing took place in between you and the ISP gateway.
                  hence, its the best to host with big hosting company that have OC-12 or greater internet connection. Size matter!
                  Charles Gan
                  Eukhost Review - Hosted with eUKhost, Real Review & Demo! :smile: Uptime & Speed Test!
                  Eukhost Coupon - Eukhost Coupon 10% recurring discount ' EUKHOSTREVIEW '

Comment

Working...
                  X